• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Because it's an American tradition to start thinking about the next election three weeks after the start of a new Congress...what will happen in 2018?

Current GOP Members not off to a good start...led by the spineless partisan hack Jason Chaffetz of Utah.

Last edited:
"Rep. Jason Chaffetz recently got a taste of what’s ahead for Republican incumbents. Facing an unruly crowd at a town hall meeting in Utah, the House Oversight Committee chairman was booed nearly every time he mentioned Trump. Even if many in the crowd were members of opposition groups, the evening provided a glimpse of the next two years. From 2010’s tea party to 2018’s resistance, the pendulum barely had time to pause before beginning its leftward trek.

While we wait for it to someday find the nation’s center, where so many wait impatiently, it seems clear that the president, who swore an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution, has never read it. Nor, apparently, has he ever even watched a Hollywood rendering of the presidency. A single episode of “The West Wing” would have taught Trump more about his new job than he seems to know — or care."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...5efb7ccfb0d_story.html?utm_term=.df8be8cc3727

I could see some GOP stalwarts get primaried for their inability to stand up to the President. Same reasons as before.

People keep describe those at the Chaffetz town hall as progressives but I'm guessing there were some disappointed Mormon conservatives there as well.

2018 Midterms: Chaffetz is a fool

I could see some GOP stalwarts get primaried for their inability to stand up to the President. Same reasons as before.

People keep describe those at the Chaffetz town hall as progressives but I'm guessing there were some disappointed Mormon conservatives there as well.

I think it's at least as likely that GOP stalwarts get primaried from the right for upsetting President baby hands.

Completely agree. There are many Utahns throughout the videos of the town halls. No doubt some protesters there from outside of his district but still a lot from within.

Angry middle Americans want affordable health care and the dipshits they elected- for not being elitists, apparently- don't have a solution for them after an 8 year preparatory period? Get the fuck outta here

Because there's an easy, guaranteed solution to affordable healthcare, especially after Obama's failed solution has (probably) permanently changed the game

Because there's an easy, guaranteed solution to affordable healthcare, especially after Obama's failed solution has (probably) permanently changed the game

8 years and hundreds of campaigns based on it and now you are complaining it is too hard. Nice one, Mary

Man, Utah really carves up Salt Lake City in their districts:

Utah_Congressional_Districts_Map.PNG

Weird. For 8 years the easy guaranteed solution was repeal or repeal and replace. Now it's hard.

I'm learning from the loss. Middle Americans didn't want the elitist government shoving health coverage at them and stripping away their freedom and telling them what was best.

Just give them the freedom to choose, what's the problem?

Textbook example of the dog catching the car and not having a clue what to do next.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...s-now-evenly-divided-on-impeaching-trump.html

Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump

PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed. Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week. While Clinton voters initially only supported Trump's impeachment 65/14, after seeing him in office over the last few weeks that's gone up already to 83/6.

Last edited:

Straight out of the authoritarian playbook:

Chaffetz said that he is sure that protestors were paid to demonstrate at and disrupt his town hall, telling the paper that one speaker made it a point to make clear that he was not being paid by the Democrats.

"Absolutely. I know there were," he said, telling the paper that it was "more of a paid attempt to bully and intimidate" than the feelings of his constituents.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yep definitely paid protesters....you spineless snowflake.

Yep definitely paid protesters....you spineless snowflake.

I look forward to Chaffetz/Utah investigating this clear violation of child labor law.

People are talking, and this stuff is just hard to process but it's happening, but this girl looks a lot like one of the kids killed at Sandy Hook.

7 years old + 3 years= I'll let you smart people do the math.

/AlexJones

Back