• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

A second, post-Kavanaugh confirmation poll is out showing that the Kavanaugh-Ford hearings, and his appointment, has motivated Democrats more than Republicans. A Politico poll shows that 77% of Democrats are very motivated to turn out and vote following the Kavanaugh hearings and appointment, and 68% of Republicans. Independent voters opposed Kavanaugh's appointment by a 47-34% margin. Trump's approval rating fell in the poll to 41% (from the previous 43%), while his disapproval rating rose from 53 to 56 percent. The Dem's lead in the generic poll for the midterm elections rose to 10 points, compared to a 7-point lead over Republicans before the Kavanaugh hearings.

Link to poll: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/10/poll-kavanaugh-midterms-885940

This is some authoritarian bullshit.

No doubt somewhere a Republican operative is coming up with either a false equivalence to something Democrats did do or making up something in order to justify this.

Just got harder for Heitkamp in North Dakota, as the Supreme Court upheld their obvious voter suppression law that will keep many of the Native Americans who live on tribal lands from voting. Do any of the "reasonable" republicans defend these practices? I know people pretend they are to stop voter fraud, but it's just so transparent.

Just got harder for Heitkamp in North Dakota, as the Supreme Court upheld their obvious voter suppression law that will keep many of the Native Americans who live on tribal lands from voting. Do any of the "reasonable" republicans defend these practices? I know people pretend they are to stop voter fraud, but it's just so transparent.

The news from ND and from GA in the last few days on voter suppression (recognizing that it is also a big problem elsewhere) is just so insane. I have a hard time understanding how people who support these things can sleep at night and defend what they are doing.

Back