• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clinton reminds us why we were lucky she lost the election

... I am not sure someone that moderate would gain any traction in the current Dem party.

If you want a moderate so bad, then nominate one. We all saw how well John Kasich faired against your roster of assholes.

It's so cute how conservatives push their party to the right and expect the Dems to follow them and land in the middle. How about "no".

What did JFK do that I would not like. He lowered taxes tremendously. Civil rights issues were dead on. There may be other things he did that I am not aware of. Please enlighten me. I could be wrong.

What are your views on the New Deal?

I always do find these types of conversations fascinating because hindsight is always 20/20. I would imagine most conservatives today would support the New Deal policies (even if they opposed some of the tactics used to get it through) yet I think it's pretty unlikely conservatives today would have supported New Deal policies at the time they were being debated.

It's so cute how conservatives push their party to the right and expect the Dems to follow them and land in the middle. How about "no".

I believe that's what your constituents said to your position.

What are your views on the New Deal?

I always do find these types of conversations fascinating because hindsight is always 20/20. I would imagine most conservatives today would support the New Deal policies (even if they opposed some of the tactics used to get it through) yet I think it's pretty unlikely conservatives today would have supported New Deal policies at the time they were being debated.

I am not a big fan. I think the country would have been better without it. That said, the water is swiftly flowing under that bridge and it would not be prudent to tear it down. In an ideal world, we could move away from those types of policies. I will settle for just not adding more weight onto the economic engine.

While I am fairly left and support most liberal ideals, a lot of the increasing polarization of America can be drawn back to the elimination of the filibuster. While the Republicans in the Senate at the time were certainly being unreasonable, making confirmations for all but SCOTUS nominees a simple majority made it so partisan politics increased in strength. No longer did the Senate have to get bipartisan support for nominees; they could just vote down party lines when they held the Senate. This Partisanship has bled into every crevice of society, making all issues left or right, while moderates have slowly dwindled into insignificance.

I believe that's what your constituents said to your position.
Bitch have you seen my face? Am I wearing a bright yellow Nehru jacket dress? I am not Hillary Clinton and I did not nominate Hillary Clinton, so you can GTFO with that shit talk. I'm not fucking changing my beliefs cause some hilljacks from Youngstown Ohio really want their jobs back and hate Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:
While I am fairly left and support most liberal ideals, a lot of the increasing polarization of America can be drawn back to the elimination of the filibuster. While the Republicans in the Senate at the time were certainly being unreasonable, making confirmations for all but SCOTUS nominees a simple majority made it so partisan politics increased in strength. No longer did the Senate have to get bipartisan support for nominees; they could just vote down party lines when they held the Senate. This Partisanship has bled into every crevice of society, making all issues left or right, while moderates have slowly dwindled into insignificance.

That and getting rid of pork. Hard to do any horse trading when there's no meat to trade.

Bitch have you seen my face? Am I wearing a bright yellow Nehru jacket dress? I am not Hillary Clinton and I did not nominate Hillary Clinton, so you can GTFO with that shit talk. I'm not fucking changing my beliefs cause some hilljacks from Youngstown Ohio really want their jobs back and hate Hillary Clinton.

I would not expect you to. They still said "no".

I would not expect you to. They still said "no".
Yes, and? If you are truly a moderate, and you want a moderate party, then start one. Liberals aren't going to create one for you.

Also, Hillary was pretty much a bonafide moderate. Less progressive than Bernie and even Obama.

So you see Trump as an early Hitler? If so, then your behavior is appropriate. Please carry on.

Even the Pope referred Trump to Hitler. This comparison was not founded on this board...but world wide.

Yes, and? If you are truly a moderate, and you want a moderate party, then start one. Liberals aren't going to create one for you.

I don't want a moderate party. I would prefer it to the current Dem party.

I am not asking you or the Dem party to change. Just saying what I might be able to see myself voting for.

Even the Pope referred Trump to Hitler. This comparison was not founded on this board...but world wide.

I assume you meant preferred so the pope kinda likes Trump. Is that The Young Pope?

I don't want a moderate party. I would prefer it to the current Dem party.

I am not asking you or the Dem party to change. Just saying what I might be able to see myself voting for.
I would prefer a moderate party to the Republican party. I won't hold my breath.

Back