• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Yeah that defense was laughably bad. Not to mention we get screwed with the ground rule 2b which would've scored another. I wish they could come up with a way to change that rule but I'm not sure how.

Ground rule double should only apply to hitter. Other base runners should be able to keep going.

Yeah, why not? If the ball was hit into the stands, then reward the guy with the rbi.

You can't assume the batter would score on every home run if the fence wasn't there. I just think it would be a cool thing to do.

To write that Adams is "unlikely" to replace Ender in CF shows a writer who doesn't have a clue. I think that development falls into the "when it's a cold day in Phoenix" category.

I just don't see how he could end up being a good 3B. Metrics barely like him at 1B. He has good hands, but he's not agile enough and lacks the range that 3B requires.

When I first heard this I thought it was an awful idea.
BUT, FF will able to field the 3rd base position (will lack range, but will field what's within reach) he clearly has the arm capable of making the throw. So if he can accurately make that throw, and hold his own at 3rd I'm for it.
These are MLB decision makers. They wouldn't flirt with the idea If they didn't think he was athletically capable of playing 3rd, they would never try it if they weren't impressed with how he fields his position at 1B.
I'm willing to risk some range to have both FF and Madams in the line up

Seems like maybe we're a bit prematurely going all Brasky in Love with Matt Adams based on 130 PAs. I'd like to see the dude sustain his hot bat for a while longer before moving our franchise player to a position he hasn't played since HS.

Seems like maybe we're a bit prematurely going all Brasky in Love with Matt Adams based on 130 PAs. I'd like to see the dude sustain his hot bat for a while longer before moving our franchise player to a position he hasn't played since HS.

This seems like a horrible idea. No way he makes the play Camargo did in the 9th, for example.

Fine but Jace sucks and should be an obvious non-tender as he hits arb1 this offseason.

Former Deac Connor Johnstone made his pro debut yesterday for Danville. Pitched 5 innings allowing 1 run on 3 hits with 0 walks & 5 Ks.

DDSU2KgXsAAbyi4.jpg

People that know more about baseball than me..........what is Flowers doing when he receives the ball? I know framing and all that but it looks like he is quickly moving his glove at the last second to catch the ball. Strange.

Anyway, it was fun to watch Newcomb last night. Makes it look so easy to throw the ball 94.

Last night proves again that we need to find a way to keep Camargo in the lineup...just not sure who to replace. Also, Flowers is putting together an All-Star season. I saw catcher rankings last night and he is up from preseason 30 to #6.

Back