• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Good come from behind win last night. I'm making the short 10 minute drive up to Pawtucket tonight to see Gwinnett. Excited to finally see Albies in action.

Garcia has been awful. Really lucky to be up a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple quick takeaways from seeing the end of game 1 and all of game 2 tonight of Gwinnett. Albies looked shaky in the field. Ruiz mashed. Homer in game 1 and walk off in game 2. Pitching looked solid. Ryan Howard looked lost at the plate.

Appears Folty was quite good again and Dansby booted a routine play that should have had him out of the big inning.

Yeah I havent been yet but work across the street and I have no idea where people park. There are like 2 decks but they are small. There are some weird surface lots that are a bit away and those are small too. Construction looks to be underway on more surface lots that they have presumably bought from some of the adjacent office buildings, but those arent right by stadium either. Report back on your experience. It looks like a mess.

The Battery was actually kind of neat. I like the concept of a place to congregate pregame. I'd like it better not in Cobb County, but I digress. We ate at Terrapin Tap Room/Fox Bros. and were pleasantly surprised that the prices were very non-ballpark like. Beers were $5/pint for good Terrapin brews. Chopsequtioner is only available there and is aged over baseball bat wood chips and is made with the same hops blend as Hopsequtioner.

Uber getting up there was easy. Cost $44 from downtown/midtown, but that may have been higher than normal because I left right around the same time as Trump's motorcade and there were a lot of street closures. My friends paid the $27 and parked in one of the 3 surface lots that are not across 75. It was still a bit of a hike back to the car, but we had almost no traffic getting out and back on to 75-S. The Uber line appeared to be a total disaster leaving. Other friends who took Uber home got back about an hour after we did. They have already tweaked the ride share system from opening weekend, but I think they have a long way to go.

if you are not going to hit at least make the routine plays at short!!

Appears Folty was quite good again and Dansby booted a routine play that should have had him out of the big inning.

Yep, Folty dealt today but that error really messed it up. 6 innings, 4 hits, 4 runs (1 earned), 0 walks, 6 Ks on 82 pitches. The four runs doesn't look good but what can you do when your defense doesn't do what they're supposed to. Would like to see him keep the ball in yard more, though.

Game7 didn't possibly put that hit and run on in the 8th, right?

Flowers was a good, cheap sign last offseason. Really going in to the right direction with walk and K rate. His option looks like a no brainer. Catching in the system has had a surprisingly strong start to the year, although I think they're all a little old for their league.

3c083f8f21a8f541e03200cb0b20a548.jpg
Too many trips to the mound for Game7.

This park sucks. We've got statues in the corners. Folty has been terrible. Dansby can't hit sliders or catch up to high, hard ones. Boni is still our go to bench bat.

This park sucks. We've got statues in the corners. Folty has been terrible. Dansby can't hit sliders or catch up to high, hard ones. Boni is still our go to bench bat.

Before last night, Folty had been our best starter.

Why is Glavine part of the Romney group that has the highest bid in on the Marlins???

Julio's stuff just continues to decline.

Gorgeous new ballpark! Really enjoyed the bars around it tonight watching the KY Derby with all the Braves fans! We got there around 5:00 and traffic wasn't bad and parking, while expensive at $30 was convenient and very close. Also fast getting back out after the game. Food was good and beer was COLD!! Seats were good and perfect when the rains came. Seats are 'closer' to the field than The Ted and better.

CF Inciarte is a really good one defensively!! Two great web gems in left center. Other than that, until Garcia's 3 run homer in the 7th on a Leake mistake, the Braves have no offense. Flawless 8th by Rosenthal & 9th by Oh for the Cards and that was a wrap. But I look forward to coming back down here to many more Braves games in the future. Weird tonight in that it was Star Wars night so EVERY batter's head was in a SW costume. Too many Storm Troopers!

I'm headed to the game this afternoon w/ the family. Will be my daughters' first baseball game (3 and 1). I'm sure we'll only make it through a few innings, but I'm excited to finally see the new park up close.

As a Blue Jay fan, I am not all that excited to see RA Dickey on the hill today. He sucked for Toronto and he's probably going to suck for Atlanta, too.

The slash lines look nice of Florida's 3-4-5 but Acuna, Jackson, and Riley are sporting 40/7, 33/5, and 33/5 K/BB.

Albies is still so young in AAA but he's been pretty disappointing. Won't be too long before he and Dansby are together in the minors again.

Back