• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Handshake and pre-draft deals don't get you fired. The Johns are going to bring in Dayton and we're going to make a win now move that will ultimately shorten our window.

Handshake and pre-draft deals don't get you fired. The Johns are going to bring in Dayton and we're going to make a win now move that will ultimately shorten our window.

Don't understand how they can keep Hart after this. No way did all this go down without his knowledge. Lots of the Braves twitter guys are advocating for cleaning house, and I have to say I'd be on board for that, although it's hard to fathom how a team with an absentee corporate owner jettisons Schuerholz, McGuirk, etc given their history with the Braves and a brand new ballpark complex still being developed. The Braves have been run by those guys for so long, hard to even know where they begin if they completely start over with all new leadership. Stan Kasten ain't walking through that door. Who makes that call? Liberty Media?

But offering to buy Waters a car if he took an under slot deal will.

Is that being alleged?

From the yahoo article that Say Hey posted. “One involves Drew Waters, a second-round pick this season whom the Braves allegedly offered under-the-table benefits to sign for under the slot value. In interviews with the league, Coppolella and Keith Grunewald, Waters’ agent, denied the allegations, saying that Coppolella’s offer of a car to bridge the difference between the $1.5 million he signed for and the $1.675 million slot value was made in jest, according to sources.”

Damn. Braves looking like Louisville’s athletic department.

Don't understand how they can keep Hart after this. No way did all this go down without his knowledge. Lots of the Braves twitter guys are advocating for cleaning house, and I have to say I'd be on board for that, although it's hard to fathom how a team with an absentee corporate owner jettisons Schuerholz, McGuirk, etc given their history with the Braves and a brand new ballpark complex still being developed. The Braves have been run by those guys for so long, hard to even know where they begin if they completely start over with all new leadership. Stan Kasten ain't walking through that door. Who makes that call? Liberty Media?
Braves Way and the culture shit Wake went through are the same fucking thing.

Listened to Dave O'Brien on the Atlanta Baseball Talk podcast. Man, that dude HATES Braves fans. It's pretty funny.

Weird that those 2 of all people take the fall. I trust they'll wind up in other organizational jobs for the Braves if they want them.

So this is not good. Not surprising, but not good:

So this is not good. Not surprising, but not good:

A little surprising considering that is the first time I’ve seen someone say they expect it. Klaw and others kept guessing it wouldn’t come to that.

I don't see how the Red Sox could lose 5 players last year, and the Braves could have a reportedly worse scandal and not lose any players.

So what happens if the Braves lose players? They go back into the pool again? Do they get to keep the money the braves paid them? Placed on another team by MLB?

Back