• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

The route today makes yesterday hurt even worse. We should be sitting at .500 right now with a chance to pull less than 6 games within the Nats if Jim Johnson doesn't poop himself. That's the game though. Lets win tomorrow just to make things interesting.

... Fucking Jose Constanza 2.0

Constanta was just more limited as a player. Seem to recall CF or LF were the only positions on the field he could play because he was left-handed and didn't have the size to play 1B or the arm strength to play RF. Also recall that he hit pretty well when given the chance but was streaky. Could be wrong about some of that.

Camargo reminds me more of Infante at the moment. Both are a little bigger than Constanta with better arms and more utility. Really have no idea because he's really young and has been in the show for just a few months.

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: he back!

A bench of Camargo, Adams, Rodriguez, Santana, Suzuki is such a far cry from the garbage we started with.

The route today makes yesterday hurt even worse. We should be sitting at .500 right now with a chance to pull less than 6 games within the Nats if Jim Johnson doesn't poop himself. That's the game though. Lets win tomorrow just to make things interesting.

Yep. I can't hardly enjoy this one over giving away so badly the Friday game.

I'm about done with Snit managing the bullpen. It's a joke. Newk looked terrible today and in the 5th inning, and day before he all star break with every pitcher available, he puts in Krol who promptly gives up 3 runs to make it 6-3 Nats.

Absolutely terrible. I'll be surprised if the braves come back again in this one.

Maybe but how would that benefit Atlanta? Pushing a guy three levels already is not normal development.

Maybe but how would that benefit Atlanta? Pushing a guy three levels already is not normal development.

Like Dansby last year. Get him some reps. At worst, pull him up for September call ups.

Give him a shot in spring training and see what happens

I don't see how that benefits Atlanta in a season we are not competing for a wild card, just like Dansby a year ago. It isn't even playing service games to give Acuna more development time in the minors. Let his BABIP come back to Earth, see how he adjusts to his first struggle, and hopefully the walk and strikeout rates continue to improve. Not to mention, we have a pair of statues in the corners.

So when the minor league season is over and Acuna is twiddling his thumbs, you don't think we should call him up?

You crazy Cheesy. Unless over the next 5 weeks he doesn't do what he's already doing, see his debut AAA game, then he'll get the call up.

Camargo in the lineup for Swanson. Maybe this is turning into Heyward/Constanza 2.0.

I have to give Snit credit for pinch hitting with Lane Adams against a RHP because he recognized it was a better matchup than bringing in Matt Adams and facing the corresponding lefty.

I'll be at the game tomorrow - anything to not miss in the new park? Will be there with a 7 year old, so any kid recs are welcome.

Pretty excited to see the new park.

I'll be at the game tomorrow - anything to not miss in the new park? Will be there with a 7 year old, so any kid recs are welcome.

Pretty excited to see the new park.

Check out the Hall of Fame. It's awesome.

Garcia and Recker clear two 40-man spots and cash for some lottery ticket. Still not really sure why we appear so motivated to acquire a cost-controlled starter in a non-contending year?

Back