• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Interested to see how serious what he has been accused of doing is. Initial reaction is that this may have been more of a last straw type of thing, due to him pissing a lot of people in the organization off.

giphy.gif

Interested to see how serious what he has been accused of doing is. Initial reaction is that this may have been more of a last straw type of thing, due to him pissing a lot of people in the organization off.

Sounds like it’s not just in the organization. Sounds like he is pretty disliked across baseball. Fire up the Dayton Moore train though as his name always comes up in connection to us. Passan mentioned that our GM job is highly coveted and if Hart leaves, even more so.

Will be interesting to see what direction we go. Hoping we stick with a younger guy/more statistically aware than Moore.

All I really care about at the moment is that we don't lose Maitan.

Coppy, what in the sam deuce have you done, amigo?

I wouldn't be upset to see Garcia, Kemp, Ruiz, Santana and Matt Adams all traded. Is there any team in the league that would take them all for a decent starter or closer? I know they wouldn't bring an ace, but someone above average would be nice.

Coppy, what in the sam deuce have you done, amigo?

Nothing to see here. It was business related, so the MLB doesn't have jurisdiction. Just a rogue GM and nothing more. None of the coaches or players knew anything about it. Just people from Metpride trying to start crap. The AJC is probably helping them because they have always been Met homers anyway. If there are any punishments, then the Braves should sue the MLB.

All I really care about at the moment is that we don't lose Maitan.

Is there any precedent that the Braves could lose a player they have already signed? I can't imagine there is right?

Wonder if this will delay the announcement of decision on Snitker.

Nothing to see here. It was business related, so the MLB doesn't have jurisdiction. Just a rogue GM and nothing more. None of the coaches or players knew anything about it. Just people from Metpride trying to start crap. The AJC is probably helping them because they have always been Met homers anyway. If there are any punishments, then the Braves should sue the MLB.
Whew. Thank god we have the old guard to pick up the pieces and steer the ship.

Is there any precedent that the Braves could lose a player they have already signed? I can't imagine there is right?

Don't think I've ever heard of a team losing a player already signed. Punishments in the past have been loss of future draft choices and reductions (sometimes severe) in the available team pool of money to sign international players. Sometimes this amounts to a year or two ban on signing international players of any significant skill level.

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Offseason starts with a bang

Just last year the Red Sox had 5 players declared free agents as a result of their infractions. Unlike Maitan, however, they had not played a full season for the Red Sox organization.

Copied and pasted from Inside Carolina?

Look if we did an under the table match of Maitan's top bid to avoid penalties then JS and Hart have got to be shown the door too. Millions don't just disappear without them knowing.

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Offseason starts with a bang

It's weird because everything sounds super shady, but then for each anecdote the article seems to make the point that other teams do the exact same thing. I guess Coppy was just more obnoxious about it? Always liked him on podcasts and shit, but the article makes him sound like a nightmare.

Also, what are Hart and Schuerholz doing while all this is happening? Are they just totally checked out?

Back