• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

The slash lines look nice of Florida's 3-4-5 but Acuna, Jackson, and Riley are sporting 40/7, 33/5, and 33/5 K/BB.

Albies is still so young in AAA but he's been pretty disappointing. Won't be too long before he and Dansby are together in the minors again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitchers in the minors have been about as good as can be reasonably expected so far. Hitters have been just the opposite.

We released Ryan Howard. No shock. He was doing terribly.

Braves trade Kevin Chapman to Twins for Danny Santana. Santana could help off the bench and as a pinch runner. I like the move.

Braves trade Kevin Chapman to Twins for Danny Santana. Santana could help off the bench and as a pinch runner. I like the move.
Does this really improve our bench? What is the point of carrying him and Boni?

Promoting Acuna seems like another overly aggressive, unnecessary move.

Promoting Acuna seems like another overly aggressive, unnecessary move.

Well he homered in his first AB and went 3-54 with 3 RBI and a SB. Patrick Weigel got promoted to AAA to make room for Acuna in Mississippi.

Acuna, Riley, and Jackson will be studs. It must be asked but could the Fire Frogs (with Acuna) beat the Major League club??

I mean I don't want Acuna to fail. Maybe they felt he wasn't challenged. But he was striking out a lot, has a good week, and they bump him. If Acuna is our starting RF'er on Opening Day next year I am going to be pissed.

I hope Riley and Jackson keep hitting but more importantly I hope they can stick at 3B and C.

Gohara and Weigel also promoted.

Not snitpicking but Boni pinch bunting again in pitcher's spot.

Okay Acuna is playing out of his mind since the call. Still 7 months away from turning 20.

Where, oh where are we going to find a third basemen?

Bulk him up and put him at 2B. No way we keep all 4 of Riley, Swanson, Ozzie, and Maitan

Travis Demerrite might have something to say about 2B. He may be hotter than Acuna is right now. Even if he isn't in the plans, corner OF seems more likely than 2B for the lesser defender between Riley & Maitan. I know Riley's glove at the hot corner has been questionable but have read that it's improved drastically this year.

The system has had a pretty good start across the board. Fried has not carried over his late surge to AA. Albies has been mildly disappointing. I can event squint and find some good in Touki's 7.86 ERA. Of course, Dansby has been brutal and striking out way too much for a guy with his power profile.

Back