• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

I don’t think committing early in high school guarantees you a spot on the team or at Wake Forest if you fail classes the rest of your high school career. Just a hunch.

When I was in 9th grade it was pretty clear I was on a calculus track by the time I was a senior and taking other honors classes. You could pretty safet assume that I would meet minimum NCAA qualifying standards by a wide margin

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but already 3 commits for class of '21. One is a local kid from King...6'3" LHP, throws mid-80's. He'll continue to grow...his older brothers are tall and very athletic. Top 40 nationally, #1 in NC.

If he adds about 8-10 mph on his FB as he grows, and has decent control, he might go directly to the pros and never get to Wake. But that's the chance you have to take this early in the kid's career.

You mean on their middle school transcriptw? These kids apparently committed this Fall, and they are HS freshman. They have no HS transcript and no HS grades, unless WF looked at the results from pop quizzes this September.

Us offering a scholarship, and even accepting a commitment, means nothing when it comes to admission. They still have to qualify and get in school (obviously the standards for admission are different for scholarship athletes, but there are still standards).

Back