• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Kellyanne Conway spins questions

Wish there was a new show where they would give the guest two chances to answer questions and then boom, interview over. You can't be on my show if you dodge, weave, and spin. I'd watch that show.

Wish there was a new show where they would give the guest two chances to answer questions and then boom, interview over. You can't be on my show if you dodge, weave, and spin. I'd watch that show.

Would be a good show. Not sure if they would be able to book enough guests.

I think the issue is the systemic portion. No doubt that politics and spin have always been played by nearly everyone, but the extent to which this administration rejects basic objective facts for some made up KAC defense that is overtly untrue on its face is a much greater magnitude than the Obama or Bush administration IMO.

Agree let's just call it out whenever we see it. Regardless of your opinion on the importance of hillarys emails it really can't disputed that she was pulling the exact same crap in every response about it (and so were her surrogates). No one was pulling Clinton surrogates from CNN or MSNBC. I think what is really bothering people is that Trumps admin is doing in the open what the last 3 presidents did with the door lockes inside the bathroom.

Does it make it worse? Probably, but it still has been going on and the press that is now so outraged by Kellyanne was singing a different tune from 08-16.

"Say it louder Candy"

"You can keep your plan"

"ACA is not a tax"...unless we can call it one to help it past the legal high bar.

"It was a video"

"I did not send classified material"

Let me conclude by saying that I despise this admin and agree 100% that she is dodging the truth (also known as lying). I don't condone it and I wouldn't book her for anything. Hoping for an impeachment. Pence is actually a decent fellow who has governing experience. I think he would make a fine president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that statement was a huge fuckup by obama

The problem with that statement as an example of the Obama administration lying making all of Trump's lies and his so-called administration's lies OK is that Obama didn't lie. He, as you said, fucked up. He did not make that statement with the intent to mislead, except in the most conservative-biased reading of it.

Trump, KAC, Spicer, et. al. have proven to intend to mislead citizens. They deny observable, provable facts, they create scary stories to sow fear amongst citizens, and they have now been shown to be covering up potentially YUGE violations.

Sure but let's not pretend they're even in the same ballpark. Call it out when you see it, but I don't see how a reasonable person could conclude that this is anything remotely like anything the past few presidents have done - GOP or Democrat.

She's deflecting objective facts not spinning nuanced narratives. This is not old hat.

not to pick on you in particular, but in the 30s this was called yellow journalism, and before that it was the bible/whatever theology. basically "fake news" has been around as long as humans have, and the masses have always eaten it up.

to me the only real difference is how many narratives there are now, which is fundamentally different to be sure, but otherwise outright lying seems old hat to me.

Last edited:
Let me conclude by saying that I despise this admin and agree 100% that she is dodging the truth (also known as lying). I don't condone it and I wouldn't book her for anything. Hoping for an impeachment. Pence is actually a decent fellow who has governing experience. I think he would make a fine president.

I cannot disagree more. His own state, a historically strong red state, did not like him. He has a history of blurring the line between separation of church and state. He was a huge supporter of a law that legalizes discrimination. He led an abortion bill that PRO-LIFE WOMEN in Indiana state legislature were against. Numerous Indiana journalists have stated that he does not like giving actual answers to direct questions, preferring to stick to talking points and robotically repeating them (a trait that the GOP turned on Rubio for having).

Pence is arguably more dangerous than Trump. Trump just has no idea how to govern. Pence would have the ability to actually implement some of the most conservative policies that America has ever seen. If that's your thing, then maybe he would be a good president. But Pence would set back American social policy half a century, if not more.

I cannot disagree more. His own state, a historically strong red state, did not like him. He has a history of blurring the line between separation of church and state. He was a huge supporter of a law that legalizes discrimination. He led an abortion bill that PRO-LIFE WOMEN in Indiana state legislature were against. Numerous Indiana journalists have stated that he does not like giving actual answers to direct questions, preferring to stick to talking points and robotically repeating them (a trait that the GOP turned on Rubio for having).

Pence is arguably more dangerous than Trump. Trump just has no idea how to govern. Pence would have the ability to actually implement some of the most conservative policies that America has ever seen. If that's your thing, then maybe he would be a good president. But Pence would set back American social policy half a century, if not more.

I feel like Pence is going to push that agenda anyway. At least if he was president we wouldn't have to deal with these daily Twitter wars and Trump's uncontrollable ego. Maybe it would also get mad man Bannon out of the ear of the most powerful man in the world. We could all go back to disagreeing over actual policy and legislation.

Last edited:
Sure but let's not pretend they're even in the same ballpark. Call it out when you see it, but I don't see how a reasonable person could conclude that this is anything remotely like anything the past few presidents have done - GOP or Democrat.

This.

I think from a political standpoint, a Trump impeachment is bad for Dems. But it might be necessary for the survival of the Republic

Trump won't go down without a fight and neither will his hardcore supporters. That fight would be ugly and damaging to the Republic.

I think from a political standpoint, a Trump impeachment is bad for Dems. But it might be necessary for the survival of the Republic

You can be damn sure it would not be good for the republic. I could see words like "scorched earth" and "salt the fields" used.

Trump won't go down without a fight and neither will his hardcore supporters. That fight would be ugly and damaging to the Republic.

i don't know that he actually has hardcore supporters other than his cabinet, chief of staff, etc and they're only in it to use him. this will be damaging to the republic, though, no matter how it plays.

i don't know that he actually has hardcore supporters other than his cabinet, chief of staff, etc and they're only in it to use him. this will be damaging to the republic, though, no matter how it plays.

Ph is right. #REALAmericans would be foaming at the mouth, and trump would sling that hornets nest everywhere.

I mean hardcore supporters outside of DC. Republicans impeaching Trump would divide the party.

What Freak said.

The left is really showings its ass

It's like a hysterical collective of RJKs

This is the sort of crap that births a Donald trump. When every conservative is going to set back the country 100 years then people stop taking your seriously. First it was McCain then Romney then Paul ryan. Now an even temperate former governor of a midwestern state is somehow a threat to our democracy. I don't even really like pence but he isn't a threat. He is like grits. They aren't really all that tasty or wholesome but they are there and you sometimes eat them. Perhaps that can be his re election slogan.

Mike pence - I am like grits. Some people claim to love me but everyone knows they prefer something else. But at least I am not arsenic laced bacon like my former running mate!

I feel like Pence is going to push that agenda anyway. At least if he was president we wouldn't have to deal with these daily Twitter wars and Trump's uncontrollable ego. Maybe it would also get mad man Bannon out of the ear of the most powerful man in the world. We could all go back to disagreeing over actual policy and legislation.

Pretty much this. At least with pence you would be debating policy, like a grown up politician.

I feel like a grown up like you describe wouldn't have signed on to be Trump's VP.

Back