• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Kellyanne Conway spins questions

This is the sort of crap that births a Donald trump. When every conservative is going to set back the country 100 years then people stop taking your seriously. First it was McCain then Romney then Paul ryan. Now an even temperate former governor of a midwestern state is somehow a threat to our democracy. I don't even really like pence but he isn't a threat. He is like grits. They aren't really all that tasty or wholesome but they are there and you sometimes eat them. Perhaps that can be his re election slogan.

Mike pence - I am like grits. Some people claim to love me but everyone knows they prefer something else. But at least I am not arsenic laced bacon like my former running mate!

I would have had no problem with either Romney or McCain as a President. I think they are both moderate (Romney probably a little more), they both have stood up for what they believe in, but have not tried to impugn others beliefs (again, Romney a little more). There are things I disagree with both of them on, but I respect them.

I don't respect Paul Ryan. He's a spineless, gutless wet paper towel who will do anything for political favor.

The cadre of idiots lined up behind Donald, both politically and on here, tells you about all you need to know on him.

Last edited:
Wrangor, to answer one more point:

Pence will have free rein to do almost whatever he wants to do. Everyone will be so incredibly happy that he is on office and Trump is out that he will have Bush-post-9/11 levels of support if he were to assume the Presidency. And given his social policy track record, that spells disaster for women, LGBT, and the separation of church and state.

^ I don't think that was Gerald Ford's experience. If there is a big enough scandal to take Trump out, then anyone associated with him will be damaged goods.

Yep, Pence would be neutered.

I think I disagree. People, and I think especially Congressional Republicans, don't associate Pence with Trump. They seem him as one of them, an establishment figure, while Trump is a wacko outsider. If Trump got impeached, I think the establishment Republicans in Congress would be more than happy to pretend like he never happened and rally behind their new establishment President (which is what they always wanted to begin with).

Sure Congressional Republicans and white evangelicals think like that. But not everybody else.

This is the sort of crap that births a Donald trump. When every conservative is going to set back the country 100 years then people stop taking your seriously. First it was McCain then Romney then Paul ryan. Now an even temperate former governor of a midwestern state is somehow a threat to our democracy. I don't even really like pence but he isn't a threat. He is like grits. They aren't really all that tasty or wholesome but they are there and you sometimes eat them. Perhaps that can be his re election slogan.

Mike pence - I am like grits. Some people claim to love me but everyone knows they prefer something else. But at least I am not arsenic laced bacon like my former running mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should learn to distinguish between the liberal reactions to moderate and hardcore conservatives, because that rant of yours was stupid. Mike Pence was well hated long before he was Veep.

I mean hardcore supporters outside of DC. Republicans impeaching Trump would divide the party.

What Freak said.

you're both right, and so am I. rust-belt white males and the KKK have no real say in trump's destiny. Pubs do, and they'll turn on him when it's politically expedient. Real pubs from NED to McCain will wreck him. That's gonna happen sooner or later and if it doesn't then fuck this stupid country's "regressive political system" (chompsky) that can't remove a toddler playing with a loaded gun.

Last edited:
besides, how many hardcore dc outsiders do you really see defending trump once they realize he not only doesn't care about them, but he deliberately and flagrantly lied to them, and is actually against their interests? much respect for PhD and Freak, but watch his support crumble once he reaches a tipping point. i've quadrupled down on this. Dude has no true allies. He does have some worthless cheerleaders among general voters; whose cheer's will grow more and more faint as time goes on.

I would have had no problem with either Romney or McCain as a President. I think they are both moderate (Romney probably a little more), they both have stood up for what they believe in, but have not tried to impugn others beliefs (again, Romney a little more). There are things I disagree with both of them on, but I respect them.

I don't respect Paul Ryan. He's a spineless, gutless wet paper towel who will do anything for political favor.

That simply wasn't the refrain when they were running. You may say that now but when Romney was running he was painted ina completely different light. Romney would have made an incredible president. He was the one we needed the last 4 years. If we had Romney we don't have trump. America wasted a really good opportunity to elect an honest, smart, moderate, capable leader

I don't know if Cheat is right about drumpf being impeached but if it can be done without it turning into a horror show I would be pretty happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Romney graveled for Trump's support. He made compromises for the sake of power. But it's a flat out lie to say liberals hated him as much as Trump or Pence.

Sure Congressional Republicans and white evangelicals think like that. But not everybody else.

I know at least a few Trump voters who voted for him because they liked Mike Pence. Said at least he was "a good man".

besides, how many hardcore dc outsiders do you really see defending trump once they realize he not only doesn't care about them, but he deliberately and flagrantly lied to them, and is actually against their interests? much respect for PhD and Freak, but watch his support crumble once he reaches a tipping point. i've quadrupled down on this. Dude has no true allies. He does have some worthless cheerleaders among general voters; whose cheer's will grow more and more faint as time goes on.

The impact of Trump's adversarial relationship with the media is showing up in polling. If Trump says something is bad, there are plenty of #REALAmericans that are chomping at the bit to agree with him.

OBL's corpse is jizzing on the bottom of the ocean right about now.

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

America did not elect an honest, moderate, capable leader in 2016. I'll concede that he's a smart guy. Dumb people don't get elected president.

Back