• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Kellyanne Conway spins questions

I would have had no problem with either Romney or McCain as a President. I think they are both moderate (Romney probably a little more), they both have stood up for what they believe in, but have not tried to impugn others beliefs (again, Romney a little more). There are things I disagree with both of them on, but I respect them.

I don't respect Paul Ryan. He's a spineless, gutless wet paper towel who will do anything for political favor.

Would not have liked McCain. That man never saw a war he did not want to commit troops to.

C4i86b_WYAENLtL.jpg:large

Meh, he won fair and square. Ran a better campaign than the Dems and catered to who he needed to in order to win the EC.

That simply wasn't the refrain when they were running. You may say that now but when Romney was running he was painted ina completely different light. Romney would have made an incredible president. He was the one we needed the last 4 years. If we had Romney we don't have trump. America wasted a really good opportunity to elect an honest, smart, moderate, capable leader

I don't know if Cheat is right about drumpf being impeached but if it can be done without it turning into a horror show I would be pretty happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrangor off the rails -- why does anyone give him any credit? We have clearly seen Romney's true colors in the last several months. Talk about a coward who would sell his soul for power.

Last edited:
Meh, he won fair and square. Ran a better campaign than the Dems and catered to who he needed to in order to win the EC.

He won fair and square under a broken, unfair system. He catered to whom he needed to by racing to the bottom --- in that way he ran a better campaign than Clinton. In all other ways -- commercials, national convention, debates, Hillary ran a better campaign.

He won fair and square under a broken, unfair system. He catererd to whom he needed to by racing to the bottom --- in that way he ran a better campaign than Clinton. In all other ways -- commercials, national convention, debates, Hillary ran a better campaign.

He learned from the best! LCD FTMFW!

snzyw.jpg

That simply wasn't the refrain when they were running. You may say that now but when Romney was running he was painted ina completely different light.

Also, it's not the job of the ideological opposition to make it easy on the candidate their guy is running against. In a Romney/Obama world, Romney wasn't going to be painted as a good option between the two by Obama supporters. In a Trump/Romney world Romney looks one hell of a lot better.

Also, it's not the job of the ideological opposition to make it easy on the candidate their guy is running against. In a Romney/Obama world, Romney wasn't going to be painted as a good option between the two by Obama supporters. In a Trump/Romney world Romney looks one hell of a lot better.

Right. Romney should have waited. Instead he bit on the conservative narrative that Obama was some usurper hell-bent on destroying the country.

He learned from the best! LCD FTMFW!

snzyw.jpg

President Obama was the first Democrat since LBJ to win Indiana and Virginia, and the first since Carter to win North Carolina. Obama in 2008 tried almost a 50-state strategy where he attempted to gain ground in every state. And when he campaigned in those traditionally red states, it was positive campaigning geared towards the issues of that state and how President Obama would try to help those states, even if the states didn't want him to be the one helping them.

If that's racing to the bottom...

This is the sort of crap that births a Donald trump. When every conservative is going to set back the country 100 years then people stop taking your seriously. First it was McCain then Romney then Paul ryan. Now an even temperate former governor of a midwestern state is somehow a threat to our democracy. I don't even really like pence but he isn't a threat. He is like grits. They aren't really all that tasty or wholesome but they are there and you sometimes eat them. Perhaps that can be his re election slogan.

Mike pence - I am like grits. Some people claim to love me but everyone knows they prefer something else. But at least I am not arsenic laced bacon like my former running mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did Governor Romney seek out Trump's endorsement?

The impact of Trump's adversarial relationship with the media is showing up in polling. If Trump says something is bad, there are plenty of #REALAmericans that are chomping at the bit to agree with him.

Agreed, it's just not sustainable. those real americans will become increasingly quiet and ever more irrelevant and ever more marginalized over time. a vocal minority that were deluded by a con man.

on the same side of the aisle but a different SES group, Repubs already tried to destroy trump just prior to his winning the nomination. Political climate dictates they largely follow the leader, but leaders this bad in other times and places usually find their heads propped up on sticks.

DJT won't be exiled, imprisoned, or killed as is normal in politics, but he won't be running the country, either. I know we disagree, perhaps this is my pipe dream. but if so, it really speaks in a perverse way to the strength of our political structure, but also to its greatest weaknesses.

Agreed, it's just not sustainable. those real americans will become increasingly quiet and ever more irrelevant and ever more marginalized over time. a vocal minority that were deluded by a con man.

on the same side of the aisle but a different SES group, Repubs already tried to destroy trump just prior to his winning the nomination. Political climate dictates they largely follow the leader, but leaders this bad in other times and places usually find their heads propped up on sticks.

DJT won't be exiled, imprisoned, or killed as is normal in politics, but he won't be running the country, either. I know we disagree, perhaps this is my pipe dream. but if so, it really speaks in a perverse way to the strength of our political structure, but also to its greatest weaknesses.

Just pay close attention to the partisan responses to today's press conference. It was a complete disaster. The man was reckless, unprepared, and practically unhinged. The good soldiers on the right will focus on who unfair the reporters were. In #REALAmerica they will see their hero being martyred and bullied by the meanies in the intelligentsia for trying to do the right thing for the people. They will love him more for this press conference - more, not less, not indifference, but they will find it endearing.

Back