• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seattle - ATP.

Fayettenam

VILLEMATIC
Reaction score
Headed out to Seattle at the end of April for a Sounders match. I went to high school out there, but I haven't been back since high school.

Anyone have some good recs around:

Restaurants
Breweries
Generic Things to Do
Offbeat Things to Do

Or any other advice in general.

There's a brewery in between Safeco and the Sounders Stadium that is pretty dope

Do you golf? Jefferson Park is kind of neat muni in the middle of a city golf fun.

There's a brewery in between Safeco and the Sounders Stadium that is pretty dope

Pyramid?

Was out there last year and went to a Sounders match vs. some Mexican club team. Dempsey scored twice. Good times.

Generic thing to do: Underground Tour.

Had THE hookup at that pyramid when I lived out there. Buddies rugby fella worked there so we'd tailgate before Seahawks and mariners games for hours, gratis. Always left a Yuge tip for the fella. Good times.

Best brewery in pacnw is the fish brewery in Olympia.

When I was there, I did a food tour through Pikes Place Market. Pretty cool and you get to sample tastes from some different type places. Also, went a bit north of the city to the Boeing factory and did a tour there. Very impressive facility. Cool to see multiple passenger jets lined up inside a building.

Restaurants:
Seastar Restaurant. Great Fish. My favorite restaurant in the US. Bellevue and downtown locations.
Metropolitin Grill - Great steak
Purple Cafe - Great wine, mellow atmosphere
Saltys on Alki Beach - On Puget sound, amazing weekend buffets, drinks and views.
Portage Bay Cafe - Great Brunch spot
Joeys - Bellevue, Great spot for drinks.
Cactus in Kirkland - Awesome Mexican restaurant in downtown Kirkland. Neat little town to walk around in as well.

Things to do
The Seattle aquarium is really cool
Obvious: Space Needle, Pikes Market, First Starbucks
Mariners Game
Seattle Arboretum
Snoqualmie Falls - Water fall about 30 minutes outside of the city. You used to be able to take the 1/2 mile hike down to the bottom of the falls.

You might be able to check out the Seahawks in a mini camp if the dates align right. Amazing new facility right on the water.

Last edited:
If you are golfing, I have some recommendations.

I'm headed out there this summer - directing a show. Keep the recs coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When in Seattle, the all too obvious Starbucks.:rofl:

When I was there, I did a food tour through Pikes Place Market. Pretty cool and you get to sample tastes from some different type places. Also, went a bit north of the city to the Boeing factory and did a tour there. Very impressive facility. Cool to see multiple passenger jets lined up inside a building.

Did both of these as well. Super touristy, but fun nevertheless.

Lots of small to medium breweries and brewpubs in the area. I liked Elysium and Pike Brewery. Chihuly Glass Garden was tits, but I'd taken some edibles beforehand, so that probably had an effect.

Take a ferry ride out to Bainbridge and wander around/grab a drink.

Skip the Space Needle and do the Columbia Building instead - better view and fewer tourists.

Skip the Starbucks in the Public Market. It's not really the original and the shit tastes the same anyway.

Good call on the Columbia Building. My meetings were there and we had lunch at the top one day. Excellent views without the riffraff.

Bump for any people who missed this the first time around...

Wild Ginger was really good Asian fusion

Canlis is amazing

When in Seattle, what neighborhood(s) are good to stay in?

Are the wineries in Snoqualmie & Woodenville decent enough vs traveling to 3+ hours out to Walla Walla?

Also anyone been to North Cascades National Park (American Alps)?

When in Seattle, what neighborhood(s) are good to stay in?

Are the wineries in Snoqualmie & Woodenville decent enough vs traveling to 3+ hours out to Walla Walla?

Also anyone been to North Cascades National Park (American Alps)?

Most of the grapes being used in Snoqualmie and Woodinville are coming from the Walla Walla/Eastern Washington region. Going to the wineries in Woodinville and going to Walla Walla will be entirely different experiences. The Willows Lodge in Woodinville is an awesome place to stay. Also, it's definitely a four drive from downtown Seattle to Walla Walla. I have friends that live in Walla Walla that love it and could give you some direction on places to stay or visit.

The North Cascades Highway is an incredible drive, but closed during the winter until mid April. If you want to make an overnight trip out of it, take it to Winthrop and spend the night at the Sun Mountain Lodge.

Back