• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seattle - ATP.

We are not planning to go until August so the highway should be open. I had read where Winthrop is about the only town that has lodging in the area.

We were thinking of an Airbnb or VRBO instead of a hotel, that's why I asked about neighborhoods. Where is safe and close to the good stuff?

We are not planning to go until August so the highway should be open. I had read where Winthrop is about the only town that has lodging in the area.

We were thinking of an Airbnb or VRBO instead of a hotel, that's why I asked about neighborhoods. Where is safe and close to the good stuff?

If I were going to do an Airbnb or VRBO close to stuff in Seattle, I would stay in Queen Anne or Magnolia if I was bringing the family. If it was just my wife and I, we would look in Belltown.

There is some pretty good birding easily accessible from the city. You can walk down the water front and see Mew Gulls, Glaucous Winged Gulls, Brandt's Cormorants and maybe even some Guilemots. American Black Oystercatchers would be a nice find too!

Headed to Seattle. Will take recs on restaurants, but I have an oddly specific rental car question: What is Sixt, and why does renting a Mercedes from the Pike Place Sixt location cost about 60% of the next cheapest option in all of Seattle (thats among all rental cars), including the airport?

no clue but this thread reminded me that i don't miss rubbins.

Back