• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

he'll good be for 14 ppg on low % shooting. doesn't have a good handle, not a playmaker at all. has good length, decent defender. meh.

i think it seems barnes is worse than he is in part because when most people think of him you think of him bricking wide open 3s in the finals last year. he's been pretty good his year carrying more of a scoring load.

tatum might be a little bit smoother but not quite as explosive. they're both combo forwards with similar bodies and i think they'll both be good but not great shooters. i guess you can hold out hope tatum will be more versatile offensively, i don't think he'll be as good as barnes defensively who is a good 2-4 defender.

i think it seems barnes is worse than he is in part because when most people think of him you think of him bricking wide open 3s in the finals last year. he's been pretty good his year carrying more of a scoring load.

tatum might be a little bit smoother but not quite as explosive. they're both combo forwards with similar bodies and i think they'll both be good but not great shooters. i guess you can hold out hope tatum will be more versatile offensively, i don't think he'll be as good as barnes defensively who is a good 2-4 defender.

I like this comp a lot. Tatum has the potential to be a bit more creative as a scorer and distributor, imo, but otherwise it's pretty spot on.

Tatum keeps showing up on the Sixers in mock drafts, and I would need to talk myself into him. I still think they should draft a guard before him. Adding another 6'8" or 9" guy to the frontcourt that has Saric, Covington, Simmons, Holmes, and Embiid doesn't make much sense to me, even though ostensibly Simmons will run the point.

I think Monk has a lot of questions. I think his top end is really to be a Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams type of 6th/7th man. His size and limited defense could be problems as a starting SG.

I think Monk has a lot of questions. I think his top end is really to be a Jamal Crawford/Lou Williams type of 6th/7th man. His size and limited defense could be problems as a starting SG.

That's a pretty valuable player to have. I think the size/defense thing is overrated, especially if you pair him with a bigger PG.

His range is probably anywhere between Lou Williams and Bradley Beal.

Tatum keeps showing up on the Sixers in mock drafts, and I would need to talk myself into him. I still think they should draft a guard before him. Adding another 6'8" or 9" guy to the frontcourt that has Saric, Covington, Simmons, Holmes, and Embiid doesn't make much sense to me, even though ostensibly Simmons will run the point.

I'm with you on this. The Sixers should really look to get a PG this draft. I'm not sold on Simmons running the point. The Sixers need a PG who could legitimately be in the conversation for NBA all star teams, if they really want to compete for NBA titles.

It would be criminal if the Sixers didn't pick up a PG in this draft.

There's ~14% chance they'll have 2 lotto picks and I guarantee you they'd take one if that were the case. At this point, I'm ok with just about anyone except Dennis Smith, unless their pick somehow falls to 8 or 9 and he's somehow left.

I think DSJ is going to be good and that Justin Jackson will be a useful NBA player.

There's ~14% chance they'll have 2 lotto picks and I guarantee you they'd take one if that were the case. At this point, I'm ok with just about anyone except Dennis Smith, unless their pick somehow falls to 8 or 9 and he's somehow left.
I like DSJ actually

Maybe he'll play some D in the league, but it was staggering how bad he looked or how little he tried defensively the handful of times I saw him this year.

Maybe he'll play some D in the league, but it was staggering how bad he looked or how little he tried defensively the handful of times I saw him this year.

I'd chalk that up to playing for State.

D league? Don't think that'll be happening.

Back