• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

There's ~14% chance they'll have 2 lotto picks and I guarantee you they'd take one if that were the case. At this point, I'm ok with just about anyone except Dennis Smith, unless their pick somehow falls to 8 or 9 and he's somehow left.

Unless the Sixers win and Orlando loses, the Sixers will be in the 4th slot. Thus, they are not likely to be no lower than #7 and that would take all of the Top 3 to be lower finishing teams. In that case, the Sixers would have #6 and #7. It's far more likely that they will get #4/5 or Top 3 and #4.

Unless the Sixers win and Orlando loses, the Sixers will be in the 4th slot. Thus, they are not likely to be no lower than #7 and that would take all of the Top 3 to be lower finishing teams. In that case, the Sixers would have #6 and #7. It's far more likely that they will get #4/5 or Top 3 and #4.

Neither team is playing an opponent with anything to win for. Sixers at NY, Detroit at Orlando. Both games are gonna look like exhibition games. All four are going for ping pong balls. All of them could get more ping pong balls with a loss.

Neither

They need a real PG on their team regardless of Simmons. Drafting another combo forward makes no sense.

They need a real PG on their team regardless of Simmons. Drafting another combo forward makes no sense.

Passing on potential elite PGs to get another wing makes no sense. The position is stronger than it's been in awhile. Get your PG now.

I don't think Simmons is a PG, just like Greek Freak is no PG.

D. Fox is the pick for the Sixers.

Which means they'll probably take Tatum or a big.

The other Collins enters and hired an agent. Also Jarrett Allen of Texas staying in the draft. More competition for JC.

Also, sounds like Bamba is going to UK or Texas so that's a win.

Goodman tweeted that Collins would go anywhere from 8 to 20 based on his conversations with NBA execs. Took me a while to realize he was talking about Z Collins.

Passing on potential elite PGs to get another wing makes no sense. The position is stronger than it's been in awhile. Get your PG now.

I don't think Simmons is a PG, just like Greek Freak is no PG.

D. Fox is the pick for the Sixers.

Which means they'll probably take Tatum or a big.

even if you have a point forward on the court you probably need a point guard on the court. there's no reason to assign 100% of the ball handling duty to Simmons right out of the gate, and having two primary handlers is an asset not a negative. it's pretty much how LBJ/Kyrie, CP/Blake, Steph/Draymond have played. and as he said in the clip, someone else is guarding the opposing PGs.

simmons might be more of a PG than those other guys, but you shouldn't risk not drafting an elite one bc they should still be able to play together easily (not like say drafting 3 centers) esp for a guy like Tatum imo.

Yeah, and TJ McConnell isn't the starting PG of the future (though he did exceed expectations this season, and I think he'll make a fine backup), so they definitely still need one. Preferably a good defender. Hence why I don't like Dennis Smith.

wow, Miles Bridges from Michigan State is pulling out of the draft and going back to school. Lottery projection, this is more of a shock than if JC pulled out.

I really like Bridges. Shocking decision there.

If the Sixers only get one pick, I think it should be between Fox, Tatum and Isaac.

I believe last year was the first year in about twenty years that the Top 3 in the lottery all stayed in the lottery. That makes it fairly likely that someone jumps the streaking Lakers and the Sixers get two picks.

I like Fox as I've posted before but the fit is awful with Simmons in Philly

Back