• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Simmons just got paid for a year for doing absolutely nothing, after dogging it for a year at LSU. I think anyone expecting him to come in and be a long-term team cornerstone is setting expectations way to high. He has Lamar Odom written all over him. Draft as if he isn't there and if both guys work out and happen to conflict in terms of position, then it is a good problem to have and you are paying the coach to manage it.

Lamar Odom was a damn good player. Pair him with the right PG and a shooter.

Odom was a really good all-around talented player.

Since this is basically all I have in my life, I have been hitting "Sim lottery" about 20 times a day on Tankathon and thinking positive thoughts. This has to be the best one yet:

CHq9PPw.png

Lamar Odom was a damn good player. Pair him with the right PG and a shooter.

Odom was a really good all-around talented player.

Yeah no shit. Tons of talent and a great 3rd/4th option. But never had the drive/focus to be a lead dog, which is what you want out of the #1 overall pick, especially if you are making future drafting decisions based on him without him ever having played a game. I'm not saying Simmons sucks, I'm saying you don't revolve your team around him.

Which is why he'd actually play well with a lead dog Westbrook type like DSJ.

Idk if Dennis is a lead dog like Westbrook, at least he didn't show it last year at State. Talent is their but he needs to grow up and mature a bit. Lot of sulking when we went into the tank last year (which I don't really blame him for doing tbh). I think worst case DSJ has a floor of Jeff Teague but that's just my opinion. Think he's going to be a really good pro when he gets some good coaching. Sac-town or Orlando would be a problem for him and his development.

Idk if Dennis is a lead dog like Westbrook, at least he didn't show it last year at State. Talent is their but he needs to grow up and mature a bit. Lot of sulking when we went into the tank last year (which I don't really blame him for doing tbh). I think worst case DSJ has a floor of Jeff Teague but that's just my opinion. Think he's going to be a really good pro when he gets some good coaching. Sac-town or Orlando would be a problem for him and his development.

I actually think Joerger is doing a good job with his young players in Sacramento. The organization is dysfunctional as hell and I don't trust it at all, but I like what Joerger and his staff have been doing with some of the young guys since the Boogie trade.

That's fair, I was speaking more about the organization but I do like Joerger.

That's a high floor. One time All-Star, 6 year starter in 8 years who has never failed to make the playoffs.

2017 NBA Draft thread

Exactly. tau thinks at worst he's going to do what no Pack player has done since Googs.

I think DSJ is going to be good. Don't get me wrong. But he's in a great PG class entering a great PG league.

Dumb logic. What do DSJ's pro prospects have to do with the lack of success of former State players?

What does Ben Simmons being held out for a year by the Sixers have to do with his motor or work ethic? I'm not convinced he will be good, but I don't see how the Sixers decision is relevant to that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

2017 NBA Draft thread

Dumb logic. What do DSJ's pro prospects have to do with the lack of success of former State players?

It doesn't. We're cracking on State's lack of success in the league and the use of Teague as a floor.

Zack Collins or Lauri Markannen?

Also, including PJ Dozier there is some talent at the top of round 2 (for Sacramento or whoever).

Dozier
Dorsey
Trier
Iwundu
Maybe Thornwell/Rd 1?
Jason Hart
Williams-Goss
Jordan Bell - might be late Rd 1

Ford has J Collins going to Spurs in his latest mock

Last edited:
I think Collins is going to jump up draft boards after the NBA combine/workouts. I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to develop a solid outside shot (he's shown good form on his shot all season) and if he tests really well in terms of all his athletic attributes.

Back