• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Collins vertical without a running start was 33.5" which bested most. That seems way more important for a big man.

I thought all vertical leaps were stand still or one step? Guess not.

The whole without shoes measurements are kind of pointless. You play the game with shoes on in which he measured at 6'9.5" which is right in line with the 6'10" WFU listing.

So then why doesn't somebody show up in these
goldfish-shoes.png

Frank Jackson is hiring an agent and staying in the draft. Good.

nba.com/draft has all the testing and measurments up. JC has average NBA PF length but did well in athletic testing. They test both standing and max. He had the best PF standing vert and the 2nd best PF max vert.

also looks like he participated in both shooting drills, which is important to his draft stock.

spot up midrange he went 30-50. on the move or off the dribble midrange he went 16-24.

Is Frank Jackson good?

he played in the 5 on 5 which most top prospects don't and dominated. probably a 2nd round pick but doesn't want to go back to duke with grayson dominating the ball and another 5 star PG in the backcourt.

he played in the 5 on 5 which most top prospects don't and dominated. probably a 2nd round pick but doesn't want to go back to duke with grayson dominating the ball and another 5 star PG in the backcourt.

20-40 is absolutely stacked with bigs and combo-forwards, but Jackson and Juwan Evans are similar caliber prospects, IMO.

Now that my Mavs have the 9th pick I think their best bet is to hope Isaac falls to them at 9 and even further chance Smith falls

My gut unfortunately tells me they will Draft the French PG or the Zona Dirk look alike both of which scare me

Last edited:
I love Isaac, but I think Zona Dirk could be good.

The 1998 draft may be a best case scenario for this draft. Could be a few all-time greats, but a few complete duds in the Top 10 as well.

PLEASE let the Lakers draft ANYONE but Lonzo Ball now that they have the 2nd pick. If there is a God, let Ball go to the Sixers at #3.

I love Isaac, but I think Zona Dirk could be good.

The 1998 draft may be a best case scenario for this draft. Could be a few all-time greats, but a few complete duds in the Top 10 as well.

Feels more like 1999 to me. No true superstars but a ton of solid players (2nd through 4th guys on contenders) and very few busts (Jonathan Bender was the only complete bust in the top 10 that year).

Feels more like 1999 to me. No true superstars but a ton of solid players (2nd through 4th guys on contenders) and very few busts (Jonathan Bender was the only complete bust in the top 10 that year).

Could be that too. 1998 was feast (Dirk, Vince, Pierce) or famine (Tractor Traylor, Candi Man). 1999 was very solid. Miller, Terry, Odom, and Szczerbiak were the "weak" links besides Bender.

Can someone help me out with a discussion I'm having with my dad - what were the odds of the lottery ending up Boston/Los Angeles 1-2 in either order last night? I have what I think is the right answer but curious if anyone can educate us

Here is the link to the odds for each outcome: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

The chances that it would end up:

1) Boston (through the Nets) .25 and 2) Lakers .157 is about 4% (.03925)
1) Lakers .156 and 2) Boston (through the Nets) .215 is 3.3%

Adding those two together, the chances that the lottery would end with Boston and LA with the top two picks is 7.3% or about 1 out of 12.

Back