• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

I think it is interested that Collins got the invite to the green room. I think he is moving up people's boards for whatever reason - he presents well, his motor is unique, and couple that with his practice work ethic and his ability to hit open 3s in a controlled setting after a few months of practice, and he think he may end up being the shock of the draft - moving himself up into a top 10 pick.

Whoever he has been working with in prep for his team interviews and practices is going to end up deserving whatever Collins is paying them. Collins is going to make hundreds of thousands of dollars more per year over the next 3+ years thanks in no small way to his prep team.

1988 #1 overall draft pick DM perhaps? Very impressed w/ how DM has developed JC in such a short time.

The future is bright! :thumbsup:

1988 #1 overall draft pick DM perhaps? Very impressed w/ how DM has developed JC in such a short time.

The future is bright! :thumbsup:

That should be a big selling point for Danny on the recruiting trail when looking for bigs. JC going from a 3*** to legitimately in the conversation for top 10 draft pick will turn some heads. Sure, JC definitely put in the work, but somebody had to show him what to work on and how to do it. That is what Danny can point to and tell recruits, "you could be next." (Hopefully after Doral, Sam and Olivier show the same kind of improvement.)

here's a 4 minute highlight video of JC's official pro day in front of scouts of the all the NBA teams. empty gym and all that but head DraftExpress scout Jonathan Givony came away impressed.

Weird that the DX highlight reel of an elite post scorer's workout is all dunks and jumpers. I assume they've seen enough of his post play.

Speaks volumes about his role on our team that I couldn't have told you much about his form until seeing this draft workout clips. Also, I'm rolling back what I said during the season that he wasn't an elite NBA athlete. He's looking the part.

Good gravy JC looked explosive right here. He is going to go in the lottery. You can book it. There aren't 13 better players in the draft than that.

Good gravy JC looked explosive right here. He is going to go in the lottery. You can book it. There aren't 13 better players in the draft than that.

Absolutely no reason the [insert favorite team here] Hornets shouldn't take him at #11. They are rumored to go with Donovan Mitchell, who was in the same clips and completely invisible compared to JC.

i'd love JC to the Hornets, but i'd be fine with Mitchell. there are about 4 or 5 picks in Hornets range i'm terrified of... which of course means they'll pick one of them.

Absolutely no reason the [insert favorite team here] Hornets shouldn't take him at #11. They are rumored to go with Donovan Mitchell, who was in the same clips and completely invisible compared to JC.

He wasn't featured in the clip, so that would make sense. Are you serious, man?

Mitchell is a great guard, though. I'm not sure if I would personally take a combo-guard like that at #11 with all of the big guys hanging around, but it's hard to argue with that pick.

With Mitchell, the ceiling is maybe getting an EC version of Dame and CJ. The Hornets need more from that spot. Who is someone they can take who will assure this is the last lottery pick they'll make for a long time? I don't think Mitchell is that guy.

With Mitchell, the ceiling is maybe getting an EC version of Dame and CJ. The Hornets need more from that spot. Who is someone they can take who will assure this is the last lottery pick they'll make for a long time? I don't think Mitchell is that guy.

no one can assure you that from 11. getting a CJ or even Avery Bradley type at 11 would be a win.

but judging on pure upside alone? harry giles? (one of the picks i'm terrified of to go along with all the white bigs and justin jackson)

no one can assure you that from 11. getting a CJ or even Avery Bradley type at 11 would be a win.

but judging on pure upside alone? harry giles? (one of the picks i'm terrified of to go along with all the white bigs and justin jackson)

Yeah I feel like it's inevitable the Hornets will pick someone we all hate. Giles or a tar hole would make the most sense

Bradley is my comp for Mitchell. It's part of the reason that I'm so high on him, tbh. I just don't know if that's what the Hornets need. I like all of the bigs in the top-20 better than Marvin, Frank, and Plumlee.

I know the numbers say otherwise, but Jackson is going to be a bad NBA player. It's so obvious.

Yeah I feel like it's inevitable the Hornets will pick someone we all hate. Giles or a tar hole would make the most sense

probably

i'd be happy with luke kennard.

me, too, but I still think they should go big

I think Mitchell and Kennard are most likely sucker's bets in the top of the draft.

Let's say Mitchell is as good as Bradley. That makes him an average NBA player. You should do better than that in the lottery.

As to Kennard, he's too slow to cover SFs or SGs in the NBA. He certainly can't play PG. To me, he is a less athletic Nik Stauskas.

Another sucker's bet is Ike Anigbogu. He's at least two years away from playing more than 8-10 mpg. He has no offense whatsoever.

Swanigan, Hart and Iwundu could be this draft's Malcolm Brogdon.

Last edited:
Back