• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Let's say Mitchell is as good as Bradley. That makes him an average NBA player. You should do better than that in the lottery.

You're entitled to your opinion and everything, but do you honestly believe that Avery Bradley is an average NBA player?

you're vastly overrating the average return on the #11 pick. Avery Bradley definitely better than average #11 pick.

defense is a concern Kennard, but I think he's a better offensive prospect than Stauskas. but there are warts on everybody by 11.

no one can assure you that from 11. getting a CJ or even Avery Bradley type at 11 would be a win.

but judging on pure upside alone? harry giles? (one of the picks i'm terrified of to go along with all the white bigs and justin jackson)

You don't like White Collins? Or you don't think he's a good fit?

You're entitled to your opinion and everything, but do you honestly believe that Avery Bradley is an average NBA player?

He's a plus defender. His three point shooting is average for a guard. On a championship team, he's a 6th man.

If he's your third guy, you aren't winning a championship. Well, unless #1 and #2 are transcendent superstars.

If you are a #3 guy, that's an average starter.

Last edited:
Kennard is going to be real nice in the right situation.

actually highest upside pick at 11 is probably the frenchie PG Frank Ntlinka, though i'm not sure he'll still be there. Long, athletic, +defense, raw but really young.

JC, Ntlinka, Mitchell, Kennard in that order probably my preference of realistic options.

actually highest upside pick at 11 is probably the frenchie PG Frank Ntlinka, though i'm not sure he'll still be there. Long, athletic, +defense, raw but really young.

JC, Ntlinka, Mitchell, Kennard in that order probably my preference of realistic options.

He'll be the best player in this draft if he can get just 1 decent offensive skill. A PG with a 7'0 wingspan who can defend?

If Kennard can learn to find his niche in the league the way JJ did, I could see him being as good (if not somewhat better) than Reddick.

Kennard is a good college player, not likely to be much of a pro player.

Conventional wisdom would say so but I think Kennard will have a nice career as a bench scorer/role player and Taytum will be a complete bust

Ask most Celtics fans and they'll tell you they'd rather keep Bradley over Thomas.

You can win a championship with a guy like Bradley getting a ton of minutes. Not so w/ IT.

Also, the NBA draft is a complete crapshoot after (usually) the first 2-3 picks (depending on depth of class).

I prob. missed it already, but where is Giles projected in the draft?

Giles does not look explosive

Agreed. Considering he is only 6 months younger than Collins the difference is pretty dramatic across the board. Collins is better across the board. Giles looks like a 2nd rounder to me, but I bet he goes in the low 20's.

I prob. missed it already, but where is Giles projected in the draft?

I've seen him as high as #11, but most have him going in the 20s to either Brooklyn or Portland (each has multiple picks). I would be shocked if the Lakers let him get by them near the end of the 1st round.

Lakers are offering D'Angelo Russell for a top 12 pick, targeting Zach Collins or Luke Kennard.

Back