• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

I remember when Evan Daniels used to post on the wake board. He used to tell us that Greg Oden and mike Conley were going to go elsewhere most likely Ohio st and then we would trash him for not knowing shit about shit. I guess he got the last laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked past John the other day. He is at least 6'10.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/18893801/chad-ford-nba-draft-2017-big-board-ncaa-tournament-edition

13. John Collins

Draft projection: 15-25
Wake Forest
Sophomore
Forward

First game (3/14): (11) Wake Forest vs. (11) Kansas State

Potential second-round matchup: (6) SMU

Collins has an old school PF game for a player so young. He's long, athletic and incredibly efficient in the low post. He also can rebound and block shots.

It's his lack of an advanced perimeter game that has some scouts wondering how he'll translate to the NBA.

Above is from Chad Ford's ranking of the top 30 NBA prospects in the tourney.

News to me that we could play SMU in the 2nd round.

@DavidGlennShow
Childress: If it's in John's best interest to go on and be an NBA player, we will wish him the best. It's all about what's best for him.

@DavidGlennShow
Childress, on John Collins: We'll collect info and have an honest conversation. If it's in his best interest, we'll tell him to go pro.

@DavidGlennShow
Childress: If it's in John's best interest to go on and be an NBA player, we will wish him the best. It's all about what's best for him.

@DavidGlennShow
Childress, on John Collins: We'll collect info and have an honest conversation. If it's in his best interest, we'll tell him to go pro.

Right way to handle it.

Is is going to be fascinating to see a) who takes Giles and b) how he does in the NBA. Same for Smith Jr., although he is more of a known quantity.

Is is going to be fascinating to see a) who takes Giles and b) how he does in the NBA. Same for Smith Jr., although he is more of a known quantity.

Smith Jr. Can do absolutely everything asked of an NBA PG and his upside is as high as anyone in the draft. But if he goes to the wrong team/coach I worry about how he will handle it mentally. That's the big question mark for him. I honestly think he may have regressed under Gott this year.

Good luck to you guys tonight, glad to see you back in the Tourney after the past half decade.

Syracuse sophomore Tyler Lydon is entering the draft and staying in by hiring an agent. Currently mocked 23rd on DX and 25th on ESPN. Although the same class year he's a little over a year older than JC.

ETA: I will keep the early entry list updated in the first post.

Last edited:
Collins is gone. Only thing to watch for is whether Crawford goes as well

Is this scoop?

Back