• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

I don't get why Josh Jackson doesn't get more love as possible #1. Maybe cause it's a guard heavy class but I think he is the real deal and might be best all around player in the draft class

I think Fox on KY is going to be a good NBA player

I don't get why Josh Jackson doesn't get more love as possible #1. Maybe cause it's a guard heavy class but I think he is the real deal and might be best all around player in the draft class

The short answer is that this draft is stacked. Fultz and Ball have the potential to be elite players, too.

I agree with you, though. Jackson and Tatum could both be elite wings and there are at least five starting caliber point guards projected in the top-10 (IMO).

That Boogie trade might not end up being quite so bad in hindsight.

caleb swanigan seems destined for the spurs

Jackson is a really nice prospect (I have him #3) but still acres behind Fultz and Ball. Jackson's FT % is certainly one red flag.

After Ball, Fultz, and Jackson it is really jumbled 4-9 with the other awesome freshman. Just a great top 10 this year.

Jackson is a really nice prospect (I have him #3) but still acres behind Fultz and Ball. Jackson's FT % is certainly one red flag.

After Ball, Fultz, and Jackson it is really jumbled 4-9 with the other awesome freshman. Just a great top 10 this year.

I'd got Jackson, Ball. I think Fultz is overrated

Ball is going to get absolutely destroyed on defense in the NBA, he can't even stay in front of college guys right now. I know he's a really good offensive player but his shot mechanics, his father, and lack of defense/lateral quickness would make me really hesitant picking him 2 or 3. Really interested to see how many of the top PGs play/perform at the combine. Would think Fox and Smith are licking their chops to get a chance to go up against Ball in that setting.

Ball is going to get absolutely destroyed on defense in the NBA, he can't even stay in front of college guys right now. I know he's a really good offensive player but his shot mechanics, his father, and lack of defense/lateral quickness would make me really hesitant picking him 2 or 3. Really interested to see how many of the top PGs play/perform at the combine. Would think Fox and Smith are licking their chops to get a chance to go up against Ball in that setting.

This is probably fair. Fox is legit. I like Mason a lot too

Ball's passing/court vision is his elite skill. The shot mechanics won't matter if the ball goes in consistently from 30 feet like it does now. And you can hide bad PG defense a lot better in the NBA than in college. I think it's a bigger deal for a guy like Smith Jr, who doesn't have an elite skill but is good at several things offensively, to be abysmal at defense.

the ringer had an article that said lonzo might have trouble shooting with the NBA Spalding ball, as he shoots much better this year when using a Wilson ball. i was shocked the NCAA doesn't have a uniform basketball policy and that apparently some of these balls they're playing with are pretty different in firmness and grooves.

Robert Williams going back to school is a pretty big shock as he was mocked late lotto. I guess we should hear something on JC soonish.

also, Williams is almost exact same age as JC despite being a freshman.

Last edited:
agree FYC, the draft declaration dominos are starting to fall and I think we will have a resolution in the next few weeks.

NBA Draft Declaration Deadline: April 23 (11:59 pm)
NBA Draft Withdrawal Deadline: June 12 (5 pm)
NBA Draft: June 22

Jerry Krause, GM of the Jordan era Bulls, dead at 77.

Back