• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Fox has been better than Monk all season, but Monk kinda stole the spotlight when he scored 47 against Carolina.

Ball declared like two seconds after the game ended.

Really hoping Ball and his dad get shipped to Orlando or Sac-town. A match made in heaven. Also, you can rewatch the game last night and see why I don't think it's so clear cut that Ball and Fultz are above DSJ and Fox. It's splitting hairs picking between those guys. Each has issues and weaknesses that the others don't but also have some great NBA traits. I think all 4 will be really good NBA players.

Fox looked like a poor man's Westbrook last night. I don't mean that as an insult. He looks like he teleports sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a big believer in Ball. Just don't see a guy with average athleticism being able to turn into an elite point guard in the NBA. Fox can't shoot a lick, but I think that can be refined more than Ball and his lack of foot speed.

Ball definitely lacks the vertical but has shifty lateral quickness with the Ball. Similar to a Steph in that regard

I'm not a big believer in Ball. Just don't see a guy with average athleticism being able to turn into an elite point guard in the NBA. Fox can't shoot a lick, but I think that can be refined more than Ball and his lack of foot speed.

Ball has top 1% court vision and basketball IQ. He's incredibly skilled, will be able to make open 3s, and has great size.

Clearly he put a huge dud in a high leverage spot last night. And had really bad body language and the "loser limp" late when it got out of hand. But UCLA had a mega-elite offense for the whole season and Lonzo is the #1 reason.

Fultz really has no weaknesses. I think a bit of a lower floor than Lonzo but a higher % chance of being a top 2-3 player in the NBA during his career.

I look at it like the 2005 NBA Draft with Paul, D Williams, and Felton (and maybe Jack).

They all seem like they'll be in the NBA for a while, but I couldn't tell you with any certainty which of them will be the best.

Felton had no outside shot. Jack was OK but looked like journeyman.

Felton had no outside shot. Jack was OK but looked like journeyman.

No shit. You do realize these guys have some of the same shortcomings, right?

Paul was too small.
Felton no J.
Deron too slow.

Somehow they still went 3/4/5 in the draft.

my wife calls felton the fat chris paul now that he's on the clips

Back