• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

Hmmm. Amare was a 20/10 player consistently until his microsurgery. Your comparison only confirms a #1 or #2 pick. You keep picking the wrong guys for comparison purposes.

And he played 0 defense and his teams never won anything despite having a top 10 all time PG. I don't particularly rate Amare that high, he put up a bunch of 0 calorie stats in the highest paced system of his time with a top 10 all time PG making his life easy. And then he got annihilated every post season by actual bigs who could defend.

I really, really, really dislike bigs who cannot defend. That has been my stance for years (go see my take on Okafor when he came out and guys like 2&2 were going crazy about him for his offensive polish). Bigs who do not defend have an absolutely awful track record of winning in the NBA.

like Dirk?

Dirk is a bit tricky because he is such a unique player - he never played as a 5 (at least when the Mavs were good) and often played as functionally as a 3. Someone else (Dampier, Diop, Chandler, etc) anchored the defense down low. Larry Bird is a bit in the same boat - a PF with a very unique game who never anchored his defense either.

Back