• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Coaches DEATH MATCH - who you got?

Leonard Hamilton totally has that old-man-strength. Like if you threw a punch at him, he would catch it in his hand and your only thought at that point would be, "oh shit, what have I done...?" You then surrender, rather than find out what he's actually capable of.

Y'all, I have had a shitty day, topped off by my son's AAU team losing by 54 effing points. This thread is exactly what I needed, and I thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but did they cover the spread though?

Another thing that is cool about Leonard Hamilton is that he used to look kind of like a nerd, but now is unquestionably a raging badass. It's like he turned 50 and had an Extreme Makeover: Shitkicking Motherfucker Edition. Look at this transformation:

miami-coach-leonard-hamilton-looks-on-during-a-game-against-the-uconn-picture-id134876009

os-sp-florida-state-georgia-tech-hoops-20170125

I think the first picture is more of a Clark Kent thing. It looks like he hastily threw on his "typical human" attire after a battle. You can even see some of the end-of-life-snot-bubble spray from his last victim on the lower part of his right pant leg.

This thread delivers. SayHey is one clever dude. I alarmed some people in adjoining rooms laughing over the Leonard Hamilton stare part.

Anyone else think Hamilton looks a bit like Andre Braugher?

yes. this is fantastic

Buzz gets my vote to win it because he's short with a low center of gravity and because he's relatively younger compared to the other guys. On second thought, Pitino wins this because well...he's a vampire. He has immortality

But K is the Devil!

Manning is smart enough to bring a 45 year-old dumpster slut to cageside. When the death match starts, Gottfried will immediately focus on the tail and be easy pickings.

Even still, Hamilton wins. I see him hiding a foreign object on his body like Abdullah the Butcher and going to work on people.

Leonard Hamilton looks like a dude who carries a pair of brass knuckles in his glove compartment.

Buzz is a stout fire plug, plus he looks like he could head butt the crap out of you with that dome.

I just looked at this thread for the first time. When I first saw it I said to myself, "Buzz Williams. He"d head-butt everybody into total annihilation." I figured I wasn't anywhere near the first to come up with this, so thanks for stopping my search in the early phase.

I'm sorry that I missed this thread all weekend, but sure glad I found it today.
icon_clap.gif

I would think Hamilton would scare most of the coaches away with his glare. Brownell is built like a linebacker, he would run over the old coaches. Bennett wouldn't fight, he would be too worried about fixing his hair. Roy would have a "Faintin' Speyyyull" climbing into the ring, and never make the first bell.

I would think Hamilton would scare most of the coaches away with his glare. Brownell is built like a linebacker, he would run over the old coaches. Bennett wouldn't fight, he would be too worried about fixing his hair. Roy would have a "Faintin' Speyyyull" climbing into the ring, and never make the first bell.

Roy would do as he has done at UNC for all these years. He'll hire someone to do his fighting for him. Then, he'll say:

I'll be honest -- I'm real intrigued now by the possibility that Danny Manning's tired, creaky knees bit is just a cunning ruse specifically intended to lull opponents into a false sense of security if/when this Steel Cage Death Match materializes.

He approaches and enters the cage all like:

tumblr_m4wetitvZN1ruivf0o1_250.gif

Then when he gets inside and the bell rings, he immediately does this to Boeheim:

tumblr_mx681mTHn31sodo64o1_400.gif

Given the (mostly) weak field, I'd say NCSU has a real opportunity to make a splash with a strong hire.

Who should they target?
Frank Martin?
Bob Huggins?

I can't think of non-ACC coaches that would be desirable here.

Back