• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Coaches DEATH MATCH - who you got?

NI am trying to think of best candidates solely from a death match perspective.

I like where your head is at, DeacsATS, and really this should be the key consideration for the Wolfpack in making its next hire.

I've already given this a lot of thought, and I'm not remotely impressed by candidates like Will Wade at VCU or Kevin Keatts at UNC-W. Leonard Hamilton wakes up every morning and hocks up a couple of Will Wades in the shower:

C4MsA4xWQAAtuvm.jpg

Didn't Bob Huggins have a heart attack like on the court in the past few years? Ain't no defibrillators allowed in the Steel Cage, so expect an eternal hibernation for Huggy Bear.

Frank Martin would make NC State an instant contender. My concern with Martin, however, is that I could see him getting carried away, maybe get preoccupied gnawing through the rib cage of Coach K's demolished cadaver, and that's when Tony Bennett sneaks in and stabs Scary Frank in the neck with a shard from Ol' Roy's broken femur.

tom crean is about to be available and seems to always have a simmering rage bubbling underneath a thin veneer of civility. glasses could make him a bit of a darkhorse.

spp_mdfi_06coach.jpg

MY_HAIR_IS_A_BIRD.0.jpg

I think the correct answer for NCSU is Frank Martin.

Interesting fact... His wife is named Anya.

Therefore, he probably has experience saying, "BeeJay, Anya?" <groan>

14754521.jpg

584eecb4eee70.image.jpg

Re: NC State, I actually have the ideal hire for them. I admit, it is outside-the-box. Some folks may find it objectionable, perhaps even unsporting. But all is fair in the Steel Cage.

Allow me to present, Clemson Lady Tigers basketball coach Audra Smith:

1125_dmsp_w19audrasmith_1427582302785_15745609_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

1121_dmsp_scarolinaclemsonwbb01_3366429_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

In case you aren't familiar with her work, Audra Smith played center for the UVA women's team that went to 3 Final Fours in the 90s. I estimate her height to be 6'7", as she is taller than her husband Anthony Oliver, who was listed as 6'4" when he played guard for UVA's men's team:

audrasmith.jpg

I think Smith's combo of size, athleticism, and having lady parts would make her potentially lethal in the Steel Cage. Other than that little weasel Josh Pastner, I'll bet the other coaches will be real hesitant to hit a female. While they're looking around at each other trying to decide what to do, she'll leverage that indecisiveness and start picking them off one by one, using her superior size to overwhelm her opponents. Can you imagine her against someone like Larranaga? I can:

giphy.gif

Seems like a no-brainer hire for the Pack. Will be interesting to see what Yow does.

Frank Martin is probably the only coach in the country who actually has killed people. There is a 100% chance he has offed somebody and dropped them off of a boat at some point in the last 20 years.

Frank Martin is probably the only coach in the country who actually has killed people. There is a 100% chance he has offed somebody and dropped them off of a boat at some point in the last 20 years.

he learned it all from his father, Luca Brasi

Historically speaking, is there any ACC coach that Dave Odom beats in a one-on-one fight to the death?

Third, I just really think he has the stare of a man who is very comfortable beating a motherfucker to death.

Glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read this line because I would have choked to death!

:rofl:

Very important update -- take a look at Audra Smith vs. Brad Brownell and tell me she wouldn't handle this dude:

636120661468310157-Littlejohn-005.JPG

Put her in the field and I rank her no lower than 4th.

If it is a dick contest, my money is on Danny. Look at that Kansas photo again.

Jim Boheim would be second. Has to be. You don't walk around that confident looking like that without some serious swag in the jeans.

Buzz Williams would be pulling up in the rear, best guess

I'll take Leonard Hamilton, for sure.

He's got an disgruntled affect and a Medusa gaze to complement his physicality.

Back