• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ditching Human Rights in Foreign Policy

They may have core beliefs that make them trend Republican but they will ditch them if it helps them maintain power.

Can you name 5 positions you share in which you agree with the Republican Party on their position?

Maybe I don't know the whole context behind this statement but if you are saying that Republicans are Republicans because they have "no values except power" you are an elitist ass. IF that is what you are saying. I hope it's not. Plenty of people have core secular well intentioned beliefs that make them trend Republican that have nothing to do with being power obsessed.

What are Republican positions these days exactly?

Can you name 5 positions you share in which you agree with the Republican Party on their position?

How is that relevant to my point? I don't have to agree with somebody's position to observe that they willingly ditch it.

They may have core beliefs that make them trend Republican but they will ditch them if it helps them maintain power.

That is not true of every Republican. It is true of some members of both parties, but both parties have their power whores.

Dudes just winning the war on drugs, we could learn a thing or two

The next Dem president will need to rebuild our government infrastructure and the Republicans will fight it every step of the way.

Yep.

Why anyone votes Republican anymore is a fascinating consideration.

giphy.gif

Meh, The human rights council has been a big staging ground for anti-Israel demagoguing for years, for sure. The fact that countries can be blatant violators and still be members and even chair the council is a joke. Can anyone point to anything effective this council has actually done? I'm not aware of any. Since we're now on the list of blatant violators (MAGA!) maybe it's about time we get out.

Back