• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where are the Good Republicans?

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Have mostly abandoned slate for their click bait but this is a good read.

Talking to Republican Trump critics, however, the question seems naïve. “The fact of the matter is when they’re confronted with criminal malfeasance, and things that at the very minimum border on collusion with the enemy, they’re not going to do shit,” Wilson says of Republicans in Congress. “Donald Trump could murder a child on the White House lawn and eat him raw and those pussies in Congress will never do a thing.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...trump_but_none_have_the_courage_to_stand.html

Have mostly abandoned slate for their click bait but this is a good read.

Talking to Republican Trump critics, however, the question seems naïve. “The fact of the matter is when they’re confronted with criminal malfeasance, and things that at the very minimum border on collusion with the enemy, they’re not going to do shit,” Wilson says of Republicans in Congress. “Donald Trump could murder a child on the White House lawn and eat him raw and those pussies in Congress will never do a thing.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...trump_but_none_have_the_courage_to_stand.html

As long as he includes fava beans and a nice chianti? I'm cool with it then. Signed, Good Republican

13% of GOPers believe Russia tampered with the 2016 election!!!!!!???? Our IC has stated this as a FACT and these DBags still choose not to believe it

While Trump has a national approval rating in the mid 30s, it jumps to the mid 50s if you only look at rural areas.

I predicted this at the time and I believe it is already starting to become true, but W will be looked back with an endearment from most of the country. Despite his errors in office his intentions were just like Obamas, altruistic. He cared about our country and genuinely was doing what he thought was best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes, and how delightful it is to think W's incompetence was something we'd look back up on fondly

If we look back fondly on W, then in a few more years we are going to think Obama needs to be on mount Rushmore.

If we look back fondly on W, then in a few more years we are going to think Obama needs to be on mount Rushmore.

BINGO!!!

W lied us into a war of choice and did nothing to stop an economic meltdown, but he seems like a good guy to have a beer with or smoke pot with with his buddies Harold and Kumar.

Trump's favorability is holding in the mid 60's among our nations morbidly obese

Yeah accept for the reap what you sow gerrymandering. They already did an analysis of the districts where the freedom caucus members come from. They are the hardcore of the hardcore conservative, so a democrat is never going to take their seat and a primary challenger would need to be even more far right and more extreme. Whooooops

Last edited:
Yeah accept for the reap what you sow gerrymandering. They already did an analysis of the districts where the freedom caucus members come from. They are the hardcore of the hardcore conservative, so a democrat is never going to take their seat and a primary challenger would need to be even more far right and more extreme. Whooooops

This is a really good point. Gerrymandering may end up killing the Republican party in the long run. This is a strange concept considering that it has created a scenario where Republicans control all three seats of power (and have the potential to swing the Supreme Court). What I wouldn't give for a party organized around men of character like John Kasich. I still get all of his marketing, and he is still fighting for a different path, but I don't think his voice is going to make a dent. Democrats are going to have a strong rebound from the Trump era. All they have to do is appear reasonable and bide their time.

Kind of like the Bernie bots wanting to primary Manchin in West Virginia. Trump barely won the presidency his approval ratings are in the crapper and these people have extremely safe seats. He has no Leverage

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I still think those far right districts would follow Trump's lead on voting those folks out.

I don't think it's a matter of finding a moderate Republican to defeat far right Freedom Caucus folks in gerrymandered districts. It's only about finding another far right nut job who swears loyalty to Trump who is still extremely popular. I think the Freedom Caucus should be scared. They don't want to have to run against Trump in their primary.

zj6p03.jpg

123l543.jpg

20rp82v.jpg

33w4hzc.jpg

Back