• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where are the Good Republicans?

Last edited:

Um no. Richard Burr sucks and has always sucked. He hasn’t showed balls or leadership unless you are comparing him to Republicans in the house which seems like a poor measuring stick. He may be an accurate representative of MSD, but he’s not a fine one.

Well, he seems to be speaking the truth in that clip.

That’s like a foreign language to most modern Republican politicians.

Who are seeking election—or re-election.

Unlike Burr.

Well, he seems to be speaking the truth in that clip.

That’s like a foreign language to most modern Republican politicians.

Who are seeking election—or re-election.

Unlike Burr.

Yeah I’m not ready to start handing out medals for a statement that starts out with “ the real problem is leakers” and ends with “but the leaks show that the FISA warrant my colleagues have been lying about for months was legit.”

If he directly calls Nunes or Trump a liar or does anything to stand up to McConnell or Trump then maybe I’ll re-evaluate.

I once saw Burr step up onto that lower rail of a shopping cart at the Harris Teeter on Robinhood and ride it across the parking lot towards his car grinning like a little kid.

How Trump-skeptical Republicans swung the 2018 midterms
Suburban Never-Trump and Trump-skeptical Republicans aren’t a myth. And they vote.

The GOP’s problem in 2018 wasn’t just that Democrats came out motivated and in bigger numbers than in 2014. Their problem was that a small percentage of Republicans who don’t like Trump didn’t stay home — instead, they showed up, and they voted for Democrats.

Full: https://www.vox.com/2018/11/15/18078974/trump-gop-midterms-2018-arizona-texas-never-trump

Suck it Trumpism and your Vichy Republican enablers.

giphy.gif

“Nichols told me he believed that Trump — and moreover, how Trump’s base has shrunk — played a big part in causing some Republicans to vote for Democrats. “Trump’s capture of the GOP as a cult of personality — which I had thought not possible — goes right down to the local level, and so my guess is that many of these voters were not trying to send a message (as some of us Never-Trumpers were trying to do) but rather finding themselves defined out of the Trump base, which is increasingly white, male, and uneducated,” he said.”

Reagan captured the GOP as a cult of personality.

Back