• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
I waited for someone to step up. So let's get this thing started.

Will Cubbies repeat? Nope.
Who will come out of the LOADED AL East? LOL.
Will the M's get hoodwinked in a trade deal again? Don't think this happened.
Will David Price get Tommy John surgery? No, but he definitely sucked. Great attitude though!
Who will the BoSox trade the rest of their prospects for? Probably some turd.

Beers, Balks and Walks. Baseball is Back.

Last edited:
btw, I am super excited to see some Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman this year. Looks like these two bros might finally put it all together. JDawg, you are welcome for jinx.

Vince Velasquez has struck out ten Nationals through four innings.

He has also given up four runs (two home runs) and has thrown 94 pitches.

So the only change is the guy who comes in to pitch the 5th.

Phillies score 12 yup twelve in the first inning against Nationals today. Most ever by Phils in first inning. Only 4 shy of the major league record.

Eagles over Redakins 17-3. No wait that was Phillies over Nationals. 17-3 final.

Didn't realize Trea Turner pulled his hammy too. Not a great night for the Nats.

Didn't realize Trea Turner pulled his hammy too. Not a great night for the Nats.

The Nats tried to be "too cute" with their roster, keeping an extra position player when they didn't need pitching because of the schedule. Then, they had a guy who hadn't pitched for real in two years give it a go. And it really blew up in their faces.

He was pretty good in spring training games, but the Nats stashed him out in the world and didn't even have him on the forty man roster when they "resigned" him to pitch yesterday. Apparently there were good reasons he was out of baseball before yesterday.

Glad to see the Tigers' bullpen is just as awful as ever

Phillies take weekend series from Nats with 4-3 win this afternoon.

Sox still above .500 with 6(?) pitchers on the DL. Sale on the mound tomorrow.

Went by this thread and read the beginning of your post and bolted while decrying my own ignorance, because I had not yet watched the replay and did not know the result. (May be the longest sentence I have ever written) I watched it all with the presumption that the Phils would win. When Gomez, the soon to be ex-closer, surrendered that 3-run dinger to Zims, I began to wonder.

All's well that ends well. A W is a W.

Weird-ass injury for Hellickson - something with his forearm cramping up?

Also, that Angels comeback against the M's was bananas. Solid start to the season for the Mariners.

Weird-ass injury for Hellickson - something with his forearm cramping up?

Also, that Angels comeback against the M's was bananas. Solid start to the season for the Mariners.

Forearm cramps are never good.

The Nationals bullpen sure is something. I was not prepared for Joe Blanton and Oliver Perez in the same game.

The Nationals bullpen sure is something. I was not prepared for Joe Blanton and Oliver Perez in the same game.

That was one area the Nats didn't really address in the off season, and is an area where they seem weaker this year than last year. I would guess they are in the market for a veteran closer by midsummer (or sooner).

That was one area the Nats didn't really address in the off season, and is an area where they seem weaker this year than last year. I would guess they are in the market for a veteran closer by midsummer (or sooner).

Papelbon is available

Back