• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

LAD for me. Been my NL west coast squad for a while due to affiliation to hometown Suns. Kershaw might be the last of those guys though since they sold out and left Vero Beach and moved all their teams west.

Morton will get about 3-5 batters. People will be warming up as soon as he takes the mound.

I put the over under at 35 pitches for Verlander. :)

CC had been excellent in the playoffs. Morton has been a BP pitcher in the playoffs.

What he's done in the playoffs is far more relevant than in April-July.

He also pitched another game against the Yankees this year - 5.2 IP 4 ER

No "eye-test", hard core results. He's pitched twice against the Yankees and they have owned him twice. Add to that another subpar playoff start.

If I started him, I'd have people warming up.

Sorry Cheese, I should know that using actual stats versus the same team (both current and during the season) rather than theoretical numbers and numbers against players he won't be facing tonight is "stupid shit".

Dumbass

Yay, now I'll be happy no matter who wins the World Series. Love seeing Altuve kick butt and its a great story for Houston after Harvey, but I'm still cheering for Utley to win another ring. (And Brandon McCarthy. Even if he doesn't play in the postseason.)

Congrats TexasDeac!

I was an Astros fan before the Expos relocated, so this is an easy choice for me. Plus, Altuve is the man.

Heading to Houston on Friday for Game 3 - SO excited. Planning on having tickets in hand for Friday's game, then playing it by ear and deciding whether we want to scalp into Game 4 on Saturday.

TexasDeac - we booked a hotel by the medical center, which appeared to be the closest we could get (everything right by the stadium area was booked, except the Hilton and they only had a few rooms left at $650/night). Would you recommend an Uber or the light rail to get downtown for the game (and to get back to the hotel)? The hotel is just a block away from a light rail station.

Heading to Houston on Friday for Game 3 - SO excited. Planning on having tickets in hand for Friday's game, then playing it by ear and deciding whether we want to scalp into Game 4 on Saturday.

TexasDeac - we booked a hotel by the medical center, which appeared to be the closest we could get (everything right by the stadium area was booked, except the Hilton and they only had a few rooms left at $650/night). Would you recommend an Uber or the light rail to get downtown for the game (and to get back to the hotel)? The hotel is just a block away from a light rail station.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I'd go light rail.

Agreed. It'll take slightly more time, but light rail will be convenient and pretty fun on game day.

Ready for Tuesday. MLB postseason has been great this year. Thank goodness since the NFL has been virtually unwatchable.

Ready for Tuesday. MLB postseason has been great this year. Thank goodness since the NFL has been virtually unwatchable.

I'm feeling a second straight seven-game WS.

Kind of annoying that Houston still thinks Keuchel is their ace. Verlander/Kershaw would've been epic (although I don't know Verlander's track record on short rest).

Hot take: the Dodgers are better off without Seager, since there's no way he's 100%.

If Verlander was on regular rest I'd have to think he'd be the Game 1 guy. He started Game 1 of the DS against Sale after all

What's laughable is how little Townie understands about baseball.

Gene Tenace is a perfect parallel of Morton. Tenace played in 9 postseason series in eight of them he hit ZERO HRs. In 1972, he hit 4. During the season, he hit 5 HRs in 82 game. After 25 postseason ABs with ZERO HRs and a mediocre regular season, it would have been logical to assume that Tenace wouldn't hit a HR in the WS. However, he hit two in Game 1.

Also in that WS, Tenace 4 of the 5 HR's the A's whole team had.

Townie would have loled had he been alive and the internet existed.

Let me define a phrase for Townie "get about 3-5 batters"- To people who know baseball, this means, the pitcher will get to pitch to 3-5 batters and as he does the skipper will them decide if he will continue. Given Morton's two failed efforts against the Yankees, this was very likely the situation.

But keep laughing at how little you understand Townie.

Morton will get about 3-5 batters. People will be warming up as soon as he takes the mound.

I put the over under at 35 pitches for Verlander. :)

What's laughable is how little Townie understands about baseball.

Gene Tenace is a perfect parallel of Morton. Tenace played in 9 postseason series in eight of them he hit ZERO HRs. In 1972, he hit 4. During the season, he hit 5 HRs in 82 game. After 25 postseason ABs with ZERO HRs and a mediocre regular season, it would have been logical to assume that Tenace wouldn't hit a HR in the WS. However, he hit two in Game 1.

Also in that WS, Tenace 4 of the 5 HR's the A's whole team had.

Townie would have loled had he been alive and the internet existed.

Let me define a phrase for Townie "get about 3-5 batters"- To people who know baseball, this means, the pitcher will get to pitch to 3-5 batters and as he does the skipper will them decide if he will continue. Given Morton's two failed efforts against the Yankees, this was very likely the situation.

But keep laughing at how little you understand Townie.

You were way off. End of story.

Afterward, pitching coach Brent Strom told Rosenthal: “I’ve got to hand this to our analytics people. “They said, ‘Listen, this is where we’re making our mistakes. We need to throw as many curveballs as possible. This is a good fastball-hitting team.'”

Back