• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fyre Festival

I watched the Netflix one last night. Three basic takeaways:

1. Millennials are fucking idiots.
2. It is amazing how many people think social media is real. WTF is an "influencer"? I get that social media can make money by capitalizing on stupidity, but that doesn't validate it or create legitimacy.
3. Millennials are fucking idiots.

2. It is amazing how many people think social media is real. WTF is an "influencer"? I get that social media can make money by capitalizing on stupidity, but that doesn't validate it or create legitimacy.

This is a great take. Let me ask you something, the investors who gave this kid millions for more than one scam, what generation do you reckon that they come from?

A lot of nuance here without broad generalizations.

This is grade A baiting. 10/10.

Last Wednesday's Pardon My Take had Ryen Rusillo and they talked about these docs for 45 minutes. Rusillo made the point that it's not really that different than investors giving money to a scammer and losing the whole investment when it should have been fairly obvious it was too good to be true (Madoff, etc.)

Last Wednesday's Pardon My Take had Ryen Rusillo and they talked about these docs for 45 minutes. Rusillo made the point that it's not really that different than investors giving money to a scammer and losing the whole investment when it should have been fairly obvious it was too good to be true (Madoff, etc.)

Yes and no. I think someone getting scammed like Madoff has some degree of skepticism and knows what is coming so isn't super surprised. Plus, with those scams plenty of "scamees" make money off of it, just the poor bastards left holding the bag when it all comes crashing down are the ones really screwed. In the case of Fyre, these idiots packed up and flew to the Caribbean, clearly they weren't prepared for a hoax. Just the footage of them in the airport, it is one moron after another.

Yes and no. I think someone getting scammed like Madoff has some degree of skepticism and knows what is coming so isn't super surprised. Plus, with those scams plenty of "scamees" make money off of it, just the poor bastards left holding the bag when it all comes crashing down are the ones really screwed. In the case of Fyre, these idiots packed up and flew to the Caribbean, clearly they weren't prepared for a hoax. Just the footage of them in the airport, it is one moron after another.

What about olds sending their money in to televangelists? Scammers have been fleecing people since the beginning of time.

I bet you truly believed that horny goat weed would work.

What about olds sending their money in to televangelists? Scammers have been fleecing people since the beginning of time.

I bet you truly believed that horny goat weed would work.

Yeah but the upside of that is that they can stand outside the pearly gates and say hey, you know I tried. Not sure if Migos throws the youngins a free download for their efforts.

I wish I could get to the point where even though I had a healthy skepticism it was legit that I'd still choose to give millions of dollars to someone only to be not "super surprised" when I lose it all.

Yeah but the upside of that is that they can stand outside the pearly gates and say hey, you know I tried. Not sure if Migos throws the youngins a free download for their efforts.

At least with Migos you know he's real and there's a non-zero chance you may get a free download.

I'll go to bat for millennials usually, but I'm not gonna spend any energy defending anyone who would go to Fyre Fest even if it weren't a scam

I love that dude that just started slashing tents bc he didn't want neighbors

What a douche

What a douche

Yeah, my wife asked my why he would do that. I had to break it to her that millennials are entitled selfish pieces of shit, which seemed to disappoint her to learn.

Also, shout out to Wake Forest grad Stacy Miller who represented plaintiff Steve Crossno (William Needham Finley IV, @WNFIV ), both of Raleigh, for carrying the documentary for the ten seconds he was on screen as well as winning a $5 million verdict.

What a douche

I wanted to see more of the footage from overnight and the next day at the actual event and neither doc had a ton of that.

d944ea257820dcb64782668f60cd48d4.jpg

I guess it is idiotic to think MILLENNIAL adults should take some responsibility for themselves rather than blaming others who did terrible things like send them to Wake and grad schools and business, support them, etc. But's it's the fault of boomersthat subsequent generations aren't handed the WORLD on a silver platter.

Our generation created amost of what yyou MILLENNIALS uses. no iPads, no PCs....no surround sound....no microwave popcorn....

first you call us hippers adn flwoer children. then you call us greedy capitalists.

NAH! You need to put the bong down.

Back