• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Tommy Elrod now?

If I was a betting man, I assume he is in his basement or spare bedroom, writing his autobiography. The only way he can help feed his family at this point is to sell his story. The fact that he hasn't said A THING to any journalist would confirm that for me. I expect the book release either at the beginning of the season or the end of the season, depending on how quickly Elrod inked his deal and found a ghost writer.

He's going to write about how Clawson just absolutely humiliated him in front of [________]. He will then say that despite how absolutely horrific Clawson treated him, in no way does that excuse him for what he did (though that is what he will be essentially implying). Despite promises to his publisher, he will reveal no new teams or staffs he gave gameplans to and want us to think that the three school implicated were the extent of his cheating.

Clawson will then be stuck in Round 2 of interviews denying treating Elrod badly. The only positive is that Petrino will be left having to answer a lot more questions because Elrod absolutely will throw his three known contacts far under the bus. Possible Galloway loses his job this time. The fix was more than in. Would love to get an investigator to investigate all of Petrino and Galloway's circle of family and friends and determine who bet the house on Louisville.

Elrod will then take a job in Japan or China teaching quarterbacks. Fuck him.

not sure how big private quarterback coaching demand is in China. There is untapped potential there for sure

Japan seems like a smarter play; imagine Yu Darvish standing in a pocket surveying the Tampa 2

If I was a betting man, I assume he is in his basement or spare bedroom, writing his autobiography. The only way he can help feed his family at this point is to sell his story. The fact that he hasn't said A THING to any journalist would confirm that for me. I expect the book release either at the beginning of the season or the end of the season, depending on how quickly Elrod inked his deal and found a ghost writer.

He's going to write about how Clawson just absolutely humiliated him in front of [________]. He will then say that despite how absolutely horrific Clawson treated him, in no way does that excuse him for what he did (though that is what he will be essentially implying). Despite promises to his publisher, he will reveal no new teams or staffs he gave gameplans to and want us to think that the three school implicated were the extent of his cheating.

Clawson will then be stuck in Round 2 of interviews denying treating Elrod badly. The only positive is that Petrino will be left having to answer a lot more questions because Elrod absolutely will throw his three known contacts far under the bus. Possible Galloway loses his job this time. The fix was more than in. Would love to get an investigator to investigate all of Petrino and Galloway's circle of family and friends and determine who bet the house on Louisville.

Elrod will then take a job in Japan or China teaching quarterbacks. Fuck him.

If Wake Forest didn't put a muzzle on him and prevent him from saying shit about this issue, we are fucking stupid. We should have sued him. I can only hope we made him sign something. We would look just awful being a major university with a law school for him to be able to freely flap his gums.

If Wake Forest didn't put a muzzle on him and prevent him from saying shit about this issue, we are fucking stupid. We should have sued him. I can only hope we made him sign something. We would look just awful being a major university with a law school for him to be able to freely flap his gums.

Made him sign something like an NDA? Didn't do too much good the first time!

The problem is that once you are in your 30s and 40s, all career opportunities build on the experience you have gained through your past work. Agree that he is done in football and broadcasting. So, Elrod is left with an entry level job in a crappy field of work that will take any candidate they can get or he is going to drive for Uber, but at best, his professional life is going to be awful and mind-numbing. He had two cushy jobs connected to football and Wake Forest and pissed them away. Every day sucks for him, and I am glad.

Would be curious to know how and if WF and ISP resolved the situation with Elrod. Did they reach a settlement where WF agreed to not pursue litigation (WF had claims against Elrod that a minimum could've bankrupted him just through the legal fees that he would've incurred to defend himself as Elrod stole WF trade secrets with malicious intent) against Elrod in return for Elrod never speaking publically about what happened? Confident that there must have been some negotiations between the school and Elrod to tie this up.

Plenty of people in their 30s and 40s start over and change career trajectories. A good number of them are former coaches and broadcasters. If he is good at building relationships and is willing to put in the work, he'll find another fulfilling career and be fine. Somebody will hire him.

To broadcast college football ? You cray ! Aside to being completely toxic to any coach, he's not even that good at it.

He should start a demolition company. Elrod Demolition has a nice ring to it, and everytime he is swinging that wrecking ball he can wax poetic on his cush previous life of desk sitting and saying things out loud for pay.

I would imagine that Wake not suing Elrod has a lot to do with the fact that Wake doesn't have much to gain financially from Elrod and Wake isn't going to go after the real deep pockets in the situation, his employer ISP, because of Wake's relationship with the company.

I would imagine that Wake not suing Elrod has a lot to do with the fact that Wake doesn't have much to gain financially from Elrod and Wake isn't going to go after the real deep pockets in the situation, his employer ISP, because of Wake's relationship with the company.

Yeah. Also Elrod probably knows where some bodies are buried after spending his entire adult life working for MSD and MSD-related companies. I also don't think powers that be want to further the embarrassment of letting this guy operate under their noses.

He's still in Winston, grew a full beard to change his appearance. Still coaches his son's teams and goes to Old Town Club. He doesn't seem to have a job, but his wife has a good job.

My kids are not playing on his team.

If this were Boston or Chicago, it seems like someone would show up at one of his pee wee games and heckle him in front of his kids. Wife is then embarrassed even more, and they are forced to move to Oklahoma or Washington state.

Not that I am advising the heckling, just thinking that it is odd something like that has not occurred already.

I mean that is your kid's coach?

Alabama or Auburn? - Ha, would never find a trace of DNA left of the POS.

Pompous Ass is still coaching his kids and golfing at the club? Doesn't say much about his circle of friends either.

Damn, calling out Donald Ross. Where you at DR?

I actually though he was very good at broadcasting.

Yeah, thats the crazy thing. He was the opposite of a "homer". Super critical of everything Clawson did. Especially when Clawson lost his mind with the refs to protect his players. Now, we know why he was so critical. Total asshat.

Yeah, thats the crazy thing. He was the opposite of a "homer". Super critical of everything Clawson did. Especially when Clawson lost his mind with the refs to protect his players. Now, we know why he was so critical. Total asshat.

Yeah, I think honest anti-homerism is a fairly neat quality. If someone has a beef that causes it though it becomes a petty hate thing and loses all of its former apparent honesty and objectivity. Glad I never heard his shit on the air.

Obviously Elrod deserves all the blame, but it also seems like good policy to limit the secret information provided to people your organization fires. Just a thought going forward.

Obviously Elrod deserves all the blame, but it also seems like good policy to limit the secret information provided to people your organization fires. Just a thought going forward.

Elrod was not fired.

Elrod was coddled by WF.

Back