• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best jam band?

?

• Total voters
Greensky is good. I like the Infamous Stringdusters a lot, too. Yonder used to be good, but not as much anymore. And Railroad Earth is kinda boring.

Traveling mccoury's, the waybacks, leftover salmon,

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I saw Leftover Salmon's first 4 songs at Merlefest and thought they were great. Sam Bush played fiddle with them through at least those first few, but then we had to leave because the olds in our group wanted to, and they were my ride. Hadn't seen Salmon since high school.

the Del McCoury Band (aka the Travelin McCourys with Del) was fantastic as was Steep Canyon Rangers (the band Steve Martin plays with).

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones kick major ass

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Wait. WFcatamount22 likes Widespread Panic and Tea Leaf Green? Dude. 99.7% of the people I know that enjoy this kind of music are very chill, relaxed, inclusive people. From reading your posts on the Tunnels, you seem to hold positions that are, um, not so much chill and inclusive. What gives? Or am I thinking of someone else? I have it in my mind that you are hyper-conservative...sailor, wrangor, bkf, jhmd crowd.

and Ann Coulter claims to have seen dozens of Dead shows. Go figure

I saw Leftover Salmon's first 4 songs at Merlefest and thought they were great. Sam Bush played fiddle with them through at least those first few, but then we had to leave because the olds in our group wanted to, and they were my ride. Hadn't seen Salmon since high school.

the Del McCoury Band (aka the Travelin McCourys with Del) was fantastic as was Steep Canyon Rangers (the band Steve Martin plays with).

Leftover is fun...play around denver and it is great

Panic

I've learned when talking jam bands with friends/family it's more about 'was it a good vibe at the show' rather than 'what songs did they play / what was the set list', even though internally I'm fascinated how jam bands mix up their set lists with ease.

Allman Bros.

The Grateful Dead suck sober. They're only good on acid, and then they're really good for some reason.

Back