• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Assistant Basketball Coach

Les reported yesterday that DOBO Justin Bauman will fill Jones position on an interim basis.

Those intro texts to recruits may be awkward. “What up, fam. It’s your boy Coach Justin from Wake Forest. You may not know me because until last week I was not legally allowed to contact you but I’m taking over for Coach Jones. Hit me up if you want to know more about da Deacs!”

Those intro texts to recruits may be awkward. “What up, fam. It’s your boy Coach Justin from Wake Forest. You may not know me because until last week I was not legally allowed to contact you but I’m taking over for Coach Jones. Hit me up if you want to know more about da Deacs!”

I’m gonna assume the recruits will know what is going on.

I’m gonna assume the recruits will know what is going on.

Oh but could you imagine the awkward conversations if they didn’t.

Danny gonna have to do a little 'splainin' for those who were under rocks or in caves or otherwise not getting information about Jamil. I suspect that is a very, very small, maybe zero, fraction of Wake recruiting targets.

Danny gonna have to do a little 'splainin' for those who were under rocks or in caves or otherwise not getting information about Jamil. I suspect that is a very, very small, maybe zero, fraction of Wake recruiting targets.

The Story is absolutely going to be about Jones coming to the rescue of some 17 year old being assaulted by a drunk on the streets of New York and now he's had to step away from the recruiting trail to deal with some legal issues, then they will tell the kids that really liked Jones that they are sure Jones will back with the team and coaching as soon as these issues are addressed.

Recruit: “Hey Coach Manning. Where’s Coach Jones?”

Manning: “... He’s... he’s not going to be around for awhile...”

Recruit: “Too bad, I’ve enjoyed knowing him. He must really kill it on the recruiting trail.”

Manning:

This guy probably has some serious street cred with recruits now. Don't kowtow to the Fake News Media, Ron.

Back