• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

I don't think we need a national holiday personally. I do think we need an Election Weekend from 8 am Saturday morning to 8 pm Sunday night.

I would love to hear why a Tuesday Election Day makes more sense.

It's so wagon drawn rural people can minimize missed (farm) work but still hit church.

True story

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what point jhmd is trying to make most of the time.

I don't think we need a national holiday personally. I do think we need an Election Weekend from 8 am Saturday morning to 8 pm Sunday night.

I would love to hear why a Tuesday Election Day makes more sense

Call it the ghost of Christmas past.
a-christmas-ghost.png

Because there is a DMV in every neighborhood in Appalachia. Serious question is it easier for a person living in the inner city to get to a DMV, or someone deep in Appalachia. Why are the expectations for the people somehow different?

It's just as ridiculous to make them drive as well. I brought up Alabama because it's a clear attempt at voter disenfranchisement.

Who is talking about inner cities? Have you ever been to rural Alabama?

I have! I have! Did you see my previous post about the State requiring photo ids to vote and then closing all but five of the DMV offices in the state. Something like 20 of the 30 closures were in majority black counties. No need to make Alabama great again we are well in our way.

I'm fine with Voter ID if we pass the law 12-18 months ahead of the election it takes place and we provide easily accessible ways to get the IDs for free. I tend to agree that requiring something that costs money directly to be able to vote is problematic.

I have! I have! Did you see my previous post about the State requiring photo ids to vote and then closing all but five of the DMV offices in the state. Something like 20 of the 30 closures were in majority black counties. No need to make Alabama great again we are well in our way.

Please don't bring facts to the table birdman.

What's wrong with the way NC has voted my entire adult life at least (No ID required)?

The Democrats

I wish conservatives would just be honest about their intentions.

What's wrong with the way NC has voted my entire adult life at least (No ID required)?

Personally, after every time I've voted I came away amazed at how insecure the process was.

No saying ID is the right answer, but I'm definitely in the camp of more security as long as it is fair and reasonable. I'm also in support of being able to vote remotely on phones and computers. It's 2017. Do we really need to wait 1-2 hours in line?

Personally, after every time I've voted I came away amazed at how insecure the process was.

No saying ID is the right answer, but I'm definitely in the camp of more security as long as it is fair and reasonable. I'm also in support of being able to vote remotely on phones and computers. It's 2017. Do we really need to wait 1-2 hours in line?

What's insecure about it?

remote digital voting seems like a terrible idea

You verbally give a name and address. That's it. Something that is easily found.

If it's so insecure then why isn't there rampant voter fraud? Why aren't hundreds of thousands of people just voting as themselves and then going to a different precinct to vote as their coworker?

Bush's own eight year study showed that in over 1,000,0000,000 votes there were only 31 questionable identity events and none rose to having enough evidence to be prosecuted. What more security do you need? Why spend millions of dollars and suppress the vote to fix a problem that doesn't exist?

As to waiting in line, a large part of this is that in the effort to suppress the vote, Republicans across the country have cut down the hours of voting as well as voting locations.

I guess you missed the part where I said I support additional security measures only if it was fair and reasonable. Read as: won't suppress the vote, and won't cost an unreasonable amount of money.

I also never said anything about voting abuse being rampant, just that I come away feeling that it is insecure. Also curious how those studies were performed as I would think it would be difficult to find abuse unless you asked for identification after people voted.

Back