• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

Is it that much different than absentee voting?

you can't hack a piece of paper

you can validate pieces of paper and you have permanent records. you have one mail system and not N+1 number of operating systems/hardware constraints to deal with

hell, the top software companies on the planet can't even roll out a stable, bug free product on launch

Pretty sure we already allow some absentee voting via electronic means.

they appear to be electronic-transmission of a PDF or 'ballot', not a click to vote system

What difference does it make? If you want a PDF form you can have the click to vote system create that in addition to recording the vote. If you are worried about the electronic tallying of votes, I believe we already do that with in person electronic voting. It is very possible we do that with those absentee PDFs as well.

What difference does it make? If you want a PDF form you can have the click to vote system create that in addition to recording the vote. If you are worried about the electronic tallying of votes, I believe we already do that with in person electronic voting. It is very possible we do that with those absentee PDFs as well.

we actually rarely keep paper tallies of electronic voting booth votes. that's a problem

mark it down: digitization is just going to lead to more problems and inevitably, an erosion of trust in voting in general.

I guess you missed the part where I said I support additional security measures only if it was fair and reasonable. Read as: won't suppress the vote, and won't cost an unreasonable amount of money.

This is the problem, if it is not properly funded than it will certainly suppress the vote. And it will cost money to ensure that everyone has access to required documentation at no cost to them, especially if states are selective about what types of ID they accept. See:

A 90-Year-Old Woman Who’s Voted Since 1948 Was Disenfranchised by Wisconsin’s Voter-ID Law

A Black Man Brought 3 Forms of ID to the Polls in Wisconsin. He Still Couldn’t Vote.

Bush's own eight year study showed that in over 1,000,0000,000 votes there were only 31 questionable identity events and none rose to having enough evidence to be prosecuted. What more security do you need? Why spend millions of dollars and suppress the vote to fix a problem that doesn't exist?

I just read that study. Doesn't really prove too much. It only looked at 120 cases of accused voter fraud. It did not attempt to identify any fraud that wasn't accused. The percentage of actual voter fraud is more of an unknown rather than 31 in 1 billion.

I just read that study. Doesn't really prove too much. It only looked at 120 cases of accused voter fraud. It did not attempt to identify any fraud that wasn't accused. The percentage of actual voter fraud is more of an unknown rather than 31 in 1 billion.

The "percentage" is a tiny fraction of 1%. When trying to defend the PA law, their AG said he hadn't been able to find a case of voter impersonation fraud in PA EVER.

Almost all voter fraud cases are clerical errors like where someone lives and hasn't changed on the voter's list.

The reason for voter ID laws has nothing to do with voter fraud. It's 99.99% voter suppression. Hell, the Speaker of the PA Legislature and the Chair of the FL GOP and others have said as much.

RJ, that's two decent jokes in one week.

proof that trump making america great again ?

The "percentage" is a tiny fraction of 1%. When trying to defend the PA law, their AG said he hadn't been able to find a case of voter impersonation fraud in PA EVER.

Almost all voter fraud cases are clerical errors like where someone lives and hasn't changed on the voter's list.

The reason for voter ID laws has nothing to do with voter fraud. It's 99.99% voter suppression. Hell, the Speaker of the PA Legislature and the Chair of the FL GOP and others have said as much.

It is next to impossible to identify voter fraud in hindsight. And with our current setup it is pretty much impossible to identify voter fraud period if the perpetrator has thought through it at all. It is pretty naive to think that with as much as people care about the election, with our lax procedures, and a minimal chance of getting caught that virtually no one would take advantage of the opportunity.

And stop bringing up vote suppression. How many times do I have to repeat myself on that?

IDs are faked every day. You can buy any fake ID online.

The reality is there are no real studies that say voter ID fraud actually exists. Using your logic, shouldn't we have cops in every bank. waiting just in case there is a robbery? There are massively more bank robberies than voter ID fraud.

BTW, for a few bucks per voting station, we can have web cams to take pictures of everyone who votes. If we add a fingerprint to the sign-in and make it a federal felony punishable by 10 years in jail, there will be no voter impersonation fraud (as if there was any now).

I thought the GOP was kicking the dems asses in elections because they know how to reach the voter and the dems aren't hearing their cries for factory jobs of olde and walls and lower taxes and cheaper health care through non-coverage of the sick and infirmed.

Good to know it's not that and just plain old voter fraud

Last edited:
It is next to impossible to identify voter fraud in hindsight. And with our current setup it is pretty much impossible to identify voter fraud period if the perpetrator has thought through it at all. It is pretty naive to think that with as much as people care about the election, with our lax procedures, and a minimal chance of getting caught that virtually no one would take advantage of the opportunity.

Just so we are clear, these are just #feelings right?

IDs are faked every day. You can buy any fake ID online.

Depends on how sophisticated the ID is. You are also increasing the cost to commit fraud here which will lessen the likelihood. It also could be something other than an ID card that we implement.

The reality is there are no real studies that say voter ID fraud actually exists. Using your logic, shouldn't we have cops in every bank. waiting just in case there is a robbery? There are massively more bank robberies than voter ID fraud.

You can't have studies on something that is impossible to study, as you can't check the ID of someone that votes. And terrible analogy with robbing the bank. First off many banks do have guards. And all of them have security cameras and people there to see you do it. Odds of getting caught or at least identified are incredibly high.

BTW, for a few bucks per voting station, we can have web cams to take pictures of everyone who votes. If we add a fingerprint to the sign-in and make it a federal felony punishable by 10 years in jail, there will be no voter impersonation fraud (as if there was any now).
Not a bad idea but would better if it could actually identify fraud as opposed to just being used to deter and punish those that are caught.

Depends on how sophisticated the ID is. You are also increasing the cost to commit fraud here which will lessen the likelihood. It also could be something other than an ID card that we implement.

You can't have studies on something that is impossible to study, as you can't check the ID of someone that votes. And terrible analogy with robbing the bank. First off many banks do have guards. And all of them have security cameras and people there to see you do it. Odds of getting caught or at least identified are incredibly high.

Not a bad idea but would better if it could actually identify fraud as opposed to just being used to deter and punish those that are caught.

If voter fraud actually happened in numbers enough to realize, the odds are great that Joe Smith will have shown up vote in GA after a fake Joe Smith had already been there. This hasn't happened.

the reality is there is zero proof that voter fraud exists.

RE: my suggestion, how many people would take the chance that they would get caught after having their picture taken and giving their fingerprint, knowing it would cost them 10 years in federal prison if caught?

And stop bringing up vote suppression. How many times do I have to repeat myself on that?

So walk us through how in person voter fraud works in your mind and why you think it's virtually impossible to get caught.

It's a huge risk (years in prison) for very little reward (a couple of extra votes). That's why people don't do it.

I guess the argument is you can look up registered voters and see which ones haven't voted in a bunch of consecutive elections and then impersonate them. However if this happened with any appreciable frequency you'd have more reports of people showing up to their polling spot only to find out they've already voted. And you can bet if a Trump supporter had that happen to them they'd tell it to every news outlet that would listen.

Back