• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

The REALITY is when PA passed it's voter ID law the Speaker of the House said it would lead to GOP wins. The REALITY is the former Chair of the FL GOP stated that the purpose of their law was to deny black and Hispanic voters that vote Dem. The Federal District Court in NC said the NC law excluded blacks with "laser precision". In AL DMVs (where you get the IDS) in multiple counties that have high densities of black voters were closed.

Laws in other states are the same in suppressing minority and poor voters that vote Dem. Further, ever voter ID law was passed in a GOP controlled state.

The REALITY is EVERY voter ID law was passed to suppress the Dem vote. It has NOTHING to do with voter fraud. The laws are ONLY about suppressing the vote in favor of the GOP.

There is no problem with voter impersonal fraud. If there were, cases of people who showed up to vote and others who have voted for them would exist and they don't.

The irrational and immoral USSC decision about the Voters Rights Act has led to new, insidious and un-American Jim Crow, Jr. laws.

AGAIN with the voter suppression. I already admitted it exists and I want a solution that doesn't do that. YOUR own suggestion with using biometrics is actually a very good middle ground. It satisfies what the Republicans are claiming they are fighting for (they'd be put in a position where they'd have to accept that solution or admit they actually wanted suppression) and it satisfies the Democrat's wishes to not negatively impact their voters. It's a win-win.

Democrats wish for nobody's voting rights to be restricted unless you have some evidence otherwise.

it's not a societal norm to show ID to vote, it's actually a societal aberration

Blows my mind how Republicans don't understand the whole point of the voter fraud boogeyman is to restrict votes from groups that traditionally vote Democrat.

still true.

The rest of my post

Gotcha. I agree. Biometrics makes sense. If there is a Dem wave at the state levels, instituting something like that along with increasing voting locations and early voting would be a high priority.

once again, most people can go for months without being asked for an ID.

the only manufacturing going on is the THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT of voter fraud. get serious

Posted this on the Chat Thread, but I am currently trying to secure my South Carolina Driver's License and it requires a lot to get:

2 forms of residential proof (lease agreement doesn't count)
2 forms of ID/Proof of citizenship
SSN (card/W2 proof)
Auto Liability Insurance Proof

My primary issue is getting proof of residency since I just moved here. I have the lease under my name, but my girlfriend got the water/energy/cable in her name. Since my job is still in NC and I'm working from home I don't have a W2 or pay stub showing this is my new address (direct deposit w/ no address on there. Now I have to get added to these utilities just to prove that I live in SC.

Not to mention that I am fortunate I have my SSN card and my passport that aren't expired.

Hey, but anybody can go get a DL in America though, right? Easy.

Why would you move to SC?

What if you are a 70 yo, retiree who is moving to SC to live with the grand kids?

What if you are a 70 yo, retiree who is moving to SC to live with the grand kids?

They specifically list SSN card or W2 as sufficient documents for this. Unsure what you do if you don't have a job or your SSN.

Can you request a new SSN car from the government?

Gotcha. I guess that would be the best course of action for a retiree. Unsure of how long that takes.

They specifically list SSN card or W2 as sufficient documents for this. Unsure what you do if you don't have a job or your SSN.

Can you request a new SSN car from the government?

But he won't have any independent proofs of residence.

Girlfriend has a residency at MUSC in Charleston.

That's a very good reason. Congrats to her. I have a friend who is a professor there. Obviously Charleston is a nice place.

That's a very good reason. Congrats to her. I have a friend who is a professor there. Obviously Charleston is a nice place.

Thanks! We moved last week and are getting settled in/trying to become SC residents, which is proving more difficult than we originally thought.

Loving Charleston so far. It's a great college/young town.

Back