Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 258

Thread: Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

  1. #1

    Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

    Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

    Led by Pence and purger of voter registrations Kris Kobach. Kind of odd timing considering this should be coming out shortly:

    Federal judge rejects appeal, orders Kobach to hand over documents from Trump meeting

    But with midterm elections a mere 18 months away, gotta get started I guess.

  2. #2
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,077
    Seems like someone isn't accepting the results of the election.

  3. #3
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    68,692
    Kobach is a total whack job.

    The most insane and racist concept is that those evil brown illegals are voting in big (or any) numbers. The LAST thing an undocumented person would want to do is get caught in a government location doing something illegal. Only batshit crazy, brainswashed, racist morons would think this is a problem.
    Last edited by RJKarl; 05-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.

  4. #4
    Russians rejoice

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,571
    non-trolling, accurate version of jhmd/ You lost the popular vote. Get over it/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    non-trolling, accurate version of jhmd/ You lost the popular vote. Get over it/
    I'm sure this is the reason Trump wants the commission, and I am also sure that Kobach is thinking ahead to future elections.

  8. #8
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    41,751
    i assume this is about forming an agency to commit voter fraud on behalf of Trump in 2020

  9. #9
    this won't be enough


    we need a troop surge and war to distract the public.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i assume this is about forming an agency to commit voter fraud on behalf of Trump in 2020
    Gotta take voter suppression efforts nationwide.

  11. #11
    Kobach’s office shares documents from Trump meeting with ACLU — marked confidential

    So Kobach gave the docs to the ACLU but marked them private to keep the ACLU from sharing them publicly. Friday seems like a perfect day for a bad news data dump, given that the press would be talking Comey all weekend. Wonder what's in those documents.

  12. #12
    So the dems ran a terrible campaign because they knew there was no way to lose to trump. Classic case of overconfidence.

    Buuuuut... let's bus in a ton of illegal voters. Just in case.

  13. #13
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    68,692
    except it didn't happen...Sessions has a long history of trying to suppress the voting rights of minorities. It's obscene that a person with his history of attacking the vote of people of color would ever be considered, much less voted top be AG. It's an outrageous exercise in cowardice that Republicans didn't stand up to Trump on Sessions.

  14. #14
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    10,185
    What would Mother Parks say?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    except it didn't happen...Sessions has a long history of trying to suppress the voting rights of minorities. It's obscene that a person with his history of attacking the vote of people of color would ever be considered, much less voted top be AG. It's an outrageous exercise in cowardice that Republicans didn't stand up to Trump on Sessions.
    The thing that #neverhappens is happening again.

  16. #16
    Rusty Larue

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem thru 2020
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    The thing that #neverhappens is happening again.
    1. Felons =\= non-citizen immigrants

    2. You just cited one form of racist voter suppression law to support another. Good work.

  17. #17
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...oted-illegally

    In 2014, three professors from two Virginia universities estimated, based on comprehensive survey data, that 6.4 percent of the nation’s non-citizen population voted illegally in the 2008 election, enough to have changed the outcome in some states.

  18. #18
    Rusty Larue

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem thru 2020
    Posts
    10,970
    Sorry for assuming you snark had a point. Only implication of your post is that voter suppression laws were warranted because that "thing that never happens" (which in the context of deaconson and RJ's posts was clearly mass voting by non-citizen immigrants) actually does happen. In support of that you cited a story about a woman who attempted to register felons to vote.

    So, read charitably, your post supported voter ID and other racist voter suppression laws purportedly aimed at preventing non-citizen immigrants from voting by citing an example of someone breaking another racist voter suppression law (denying the vote to people convicted of a felony).

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RChildress107 View Post
    Sorry for assuming you snark had a point. Only implication of your post is that voter suppression laws were warranted because that "thing that never happens" (which in the context of deaconson and RJ's posts was clearly mass voting by non-citizen immigrants) actually does happen. In support of that you cited a story about a woman who attempted to register felons to vote.

    So, read charitably, your post supported voter ID and other racist voter suppression laws purportedly aimed at preventing non-citizen immigrants from voting by citing an example of someone breaking another racist voter suppression law (denying the vote to people convicted of a felony).
    My post pointed out that you probably shouldn't trust sweeping, comically absolute statements, like the type opponents of common sense laws like voter ID make. Instead, you should hold them to the facts and let them make, or not make, a persuasive case based on what actually happens. It is not racism to read the news.

  20. #20
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    10,185
    Its interesting how jh always argues a hypothetical law that might exist at some point in the future instead of the actual laws passed by his party in the NCGA. Its almost like he realizes that his party is completely full of shit, actually did have the intent of precluding a certain percentage of minorities from voting, and tried to dilute the effect of black votes in NC.

    So instead of talking about the Voter ID law as it was written, let's discuss a hypothetical "common sense" voter id law.

    If I was a 'pub, that's about the best I could come up with was well.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •