• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Establishes Voter Fraud Commission

Seems like someone isn't accepting the results of the election.

Kobach is a total whack job.

The most insane and racist concept is that those evil brown illegals are voting in big (or any) numbers. The LAST thing an undocumented person would want to do is get caught in a government location doing something illegal. Only batshit crazy, brainswashed, racist morons would think this is a problem.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

non-trolling, accurate version of jhmd/ You lost the popular vote. Get over it/

non-trolling, accurate version of jhmd/ You lost the popular vote. Get over it/

I'm sure this is the reason Trump wants the commission, and I am also sure that Kobach is thinking ahead to future elections.

i assume this is about forming an agency to commit voter fraud on behalf of Trump in 2020

this won't be enough

we need a troop surge and war to distract the public.

So the dems ran a terrible campaign because they knew there was no way to lose to trump. Classic case of overconfidence.

Buuuuut... let's bus in a ton of illegal voters. Just in case.

except it didn't happen...Sessions has a long history of trying to suppress the voting rights of minorities. It's obscene that a person with his history of attacking the vote of people of color would ever be considered, much less voted top be AG. It's an outrageous exercise in cowardice that Republicans didn't stand up to Trump on Sessions.

Sorry for assuming you snark had a point. Only implication of your post is that voter suppression laws were warranted because that "thing that never happens" (which in the context of deaconson and RJ's posts was clearly mass voting by non-citizen immigrants) actually does happen. In support of that you cited a story about a woman who attempted to register felons to vote.

So, read charitably, your post supported voter ID and other racist voter suppression laws purportedly aimed at preventing non-citizen immigrants from voting by citing an example of someone breaking another racist voter suppression law (denying the vote to people convicted of a felony).

Its interesting how jh always argues a hypothetical law that might exist at some point in the future instead of the actual laws passed by his party in the NCGA. Its almost like he realizes that his party is completely full of shit, actually did have the intent of precluding a certain percentage of minorities from voting, and tried to dilute the effect of black votes in NC.

So instead of talking about the Voter ID law as it was written, let's discuss a hypothetical "common sense" voter id law.

If I was a 'pub, that's about the best I could come up with was well.

My post pointed out that you probably shouldn't trust sweeping, comically absolute statements, like the type opponents of common sense laws like voter ID make. Instead, you should hold them to the facts and let them make, or not make, a persuasive case based on what actually happens. It is not racism to read the news.

If you want to hold people accountable for saying "never happens" instead of "happens so rarely that any additional law designed to prevent it is likely to be overinclusive," be my guest. But you might want to use facts that disprove the first statement rather than citing violations of an unrelated racist voter suppression act.

I'm also not sure how you came to the conclusion that reading the news (which I didn't comment on at all) and passing laws (some of which, including the ones at issue, are racist) are the same thing. In fact, unfortunately, the two appear to be mutually exclusive more often than not.

You two are arguing different things. Requiring an ID to vote is not inherently racist, but it would overwhelmingly impact people of a certain race the ability to vote. As to the NC laws he was referring to, those were pretty clearly "systematically targeting" black voters, which is the definition of racism.

Back