• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

The starters played 118 minutes and generated a total of four assists. Hopefully, John recalls Manning's lessons on scoring without depending on his teammates to get him the ball. These guys must figure 'feed the post' means giving a Big Mac to someone.

Prince and Demby are trying to make the team rather than playing on a team.

Lonzo Ball's first play- cross court, 30' lob to Ingram for a dunk.

Prince might be starting for the hawks, let alone making the team. And Bembry will likely be in the rotation.

That makes Prince's play last night even worse. If he theoretically understands the offense, then his refusal to pass the ball and completely ignorant play is a terrible omen for the team going forward. He should have been a leader.

Or they asked him to work on his game in specific ways because, you know, its summer league. Whichever.

prince was the only one who could score. cotton sucked, blowing wide open shots after good feeds from JC.

Collins with 7 and 4 with a steal and an ASSIST (!!!) in 9 min of play.

The assist was a wrap around entry pass to the C who converted a bunny. It's on the NBA app.

Just checked the Hawks subreddit and they have a thread wanting to call Collins John the Baptist, since he tries to baptize everybody.

I wish we had thought of that.

Wow. They came up with that in two weeks. We had over two years.

12, 7, and TWO assists in 15 min

Last edited:
agree with whoever said collins will be better playing with the better players.

JC with authority!

Announcers in the Hawks summer league game talking about Collins struggling against Kansas State... he had 26 and 9.

A ton of my friends who are Hawks fans weren't in love with the pick on draft night. I told them to just wait and watch and they'd realize they got a stud. They're all now convinced he's a future all star after two summer league games haha.

I mean it's the Eastern Conference, right? He could definitely average a double double with starters minutes.

Back