• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

Hawks roster is garbage. Collins will be starting at some point this season.

Why wouldn't he start Game 1? They're probably tanking anyway.

Really smart play by 52 of the Pelicans to bail out before getting posterized by Collins. If it is possible to get poserized in summer league.

Last edited:
Kory posted this on the NBA thread. Wow. He looks fantastic. The jumpers, the dunks. 22 and 10 with 2 ast and a steal in 24 minutes.

Kory posted this on the NBA thread. Wow. He looks fantastic. The jumpers, the dunks. 22 and 10 with 2 ast and a steal in 24 minutes.

We are going to miss Collins! Great interview too.

That's great and all, but they're going to lose 55-60 games.

Losing Hardaway to that garbage Knicks nonsense hurts, but if the Knicks want to continue to be morons, you have to let them I guess.

I was kind of excited for a good young core of Baze, JC, Hardaway and Prince, but yeah they are awful thin now.

Probably means more minutes for JC, he is defs going to have every opportunity to play on this roster. He will be good but this year will be ugly.

Last edited:
It's too bad the Hawks' EA Sports jerseys suck because I would maybe get a JC shirzee.

Collins playing now on ESPNU (vs. Bulls). 4 reb so far.

It's on Watch ESPN. He's not really getting the ball. Some dude crossed up him, put him on his heels, and nailed a jumper in his face.

Just had a sweet backwards dunk though.

Malcolm Delaney is doing guest commentary with Seth Greenberg. Very complementary of Collins. He said JC didn't work out for the Hawks and he thinks they weren't expecting him to drop to them.

All of a sudden, he has 7 and 6 with an assist halfway through the 2nd.

Markannen is largely invisible by comparison. I'm half paying attention but I didn't even realize he was on the court until a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
His motor just makes him stand out. He's always around the ball and seems to make plays that others don't. He is only listed with one block but nearly positive he has blocked at least two. Three fouls in ten minutes, which is obviously a question on him.

Offensively he looks great.

It's on Watch ESPN. He's not really getting the ball. Some dude crossed up him, put him on his heels, and nailed a jumper in his face.

Just had a sweet backwards dunk though.

Malcolm Delaney is doing guest commentary with Seth Greenberg. Very complementary of Collins. He said JC didn't work out for the Hawks and he thinks they weren't expecting him to drop to them.

All of a sudden, he has 7 and 6 with an assist halfway through the 2nd.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like he should be on his way to another double-double if he stays outta foul trouble.

11 and 8 now with 2 assists.

He sticks out even in this league. He does have 4 fouls now.

Back