• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

Will is a couple bad shots from the leaders in being in contention. He’s tied for 7th at -7, and there’s a guy leading at -11.

Win one of these Web tournaments and you’re almost guaranteed exemption to a few PGA events.

Will is a couple bad shots from the leaders in being in contention. He’s tied for 7th at -7, and there’s a guy leading at -11.

Win one of these Web tournaments and you’re almost guaranteed exemption to a few PGA events.

Glad that he's at least playing and doing well this week.
I keep thinking how different/better things could be for him and the Wake team if he stayed to complete his time at Wake.

She is really good friends with Coach Dailey and Dailey basically recommended her for the job.

I think we also have a really competitive program with outstanding facilities. Coaches of sports like that love to work at Wake.

I think we also have a really competitive program with outstanding facilities. Coaches of sports like that love to work at Wake.
That definitely played a huge role as well. But from talking with her, her relationship with Dianne Dailey and having Dailey be part of the group to ask her to be the new coach at Wake were the first things she mentioned.

the WF men's golf team has won 18 ACC championships, all of them before 1985

the GT men's golf team has won 18 ACC championships, the first coming in 1985

Wow. That’s an amazing stat, as is the fact men’s golf is a side topic on the Women’s Golf thread.

Wow. That’s an amazing stat, as is the fact men’s golf is a side topic on the Women’s Golf thread.

it was from the GT press release, and it's slightly wrong - WF's 18th and final ACC championship came in 1989

so it's not quite as symmetrical, but still, GT has rallied from 17-0 and 18-1 down to tie WF at 18-all

the WF men's golf team has won 18 ACC championships, all of them before 1985

the GT men's golf team has won 18 ACC championships, the first coming in 1985

GT uses the Hope scholarship to essentially expand their scholly limit. Its bullshit, but has benefitted them tremendously over the years. Their best golfer, Luke Schneiderjeans is on a Hope scholly. His older brother Ollie was the same.

GT uses the Hope scholarship to essentially expand their scholly limit. Its bullshit, but has benefitted them tremendously over the years. Their best golfer, Luke Schneiderjeans is on a Hope scholly. His older brother Ollie was the same.

Why is it bullshit? If a student qualifies for the Hope, he qualifies for the Hope. Whether he’s a athlete or not.

Yeah. It’s BS if he actually doesn’t qualify for the Hope though. In this landscape, that’s possible.

Doesn't look terribly hard to qualify for HOPE. A 3.0 and minimum SAT/ACT scores, according to Wikipedia.

Doesn't look terribly hard to qualify for HOPE. A 3.0 and minimum SAT/ACT scores, according to Wikipedia.

There’s a calculation as to how Hope is awarded, which I don’t know, but my wife who is an administrator at a local high school could tell you. My daughter graduated with a 3.3 GPA and got $5000. Hope is not nearly as lucrative as it was when first implemented. I know you need a 3.7 GPA to get tutition aid at 100%. And the student would have to maintain a 3.3 GPA in college to keep it. It is re-evaluted every year. And it doesn’t cover room and board, books, or other expenses

There’s a calculation as to how Hope is awarded, which I don’t know, but my wife who is an administrator at a local high school could tell you. My daughter graduated with a 3.3 GPA and got $5000. Hope is not nearly as lucrative as it was when first implemented. I know you need a 3.7 GPA to get tutition aid at 100%. And the student would have to maintain a 3.3 GPA in college to keep it. It is re-evaluted every year. And it doesn’t cover room and board, books, or other expenses
Good info, thanks.

Getting into GT with the Hope is not the biggest challenge. Both of my sons did. The challenge is keeping it. Very difficult to maintain a GPA over 3.0 there, similar to Wake.
Not sure how it would be treated if a golfer went to GT on the Hope, and then lost it the next year. Also, fwiw, GT is a lot less expensive than Wake if you had to pay your own way.

Hope pays roughly 75% of tuition. Zell Miller (3.7 plus minimum SAT/ACT score) pays 100% tuition.

According to GT's site, for an in-state student at Georgia Tech, the Hope covers roughly 25% of a full ride (a full ride being $29,000). Zell covers roughly 1/3.

An athlete can keep a 3.0 at Tech if they're primary there to be an athlete and aren't there for engineering.

The NCAA Women's Golf Selection Show is set for tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5:30 on Golf Channel.

The Men's Selection show is set for Wednesday May 1 at 9pm, also on Golf Channel.

Women are the two seed in the south in Norman, Oklahoma. Hosted by the fifth seed Oklahoma (a trend with women's/non-revenue sports in the NCAA it seems).

Back