• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

it was from the GT press release, and it's slightly wrong - WF's 18th and final ACC championship came in 1989

so it's not quite as symmetrical, but still, GT has rallied from 17-0 and 18-1 down to tie WF at 18-all

According to the ACC, GT officially has 16 Championships and 2 Co-Championships. As long as we're keeping score.

Women are the two seed in the south in Norman, Oklahoma. Hosted by the fifth seed Oklahoma (a trend with women's/non-revenue sports in the NCAA it seems).

WF won its last two tournaments against stacked fields by large margins, and WF just beat Duke by 18 shots in the ACC tourney, and WF is a #2 seed and Duke is a #1 seed? Hmmm....

By that standard, the Deacon men should be a lock for a 1 seed next week. Not going to hold my breath, though.

By that standard, the Deacon men should be a lock for a 1 seed next week. Not going to hold my breath, though.

They are a slam dunk 1 seed. Seeding really doesnt mean squat in golf regionals other than determining pairings. We just need to play to our level this postseason.

They are a slam dunk 1 seed. Seeding really doesnt mean squat in golf regionals other than determining pairings. We just need to play to our level this postseason.

Generally agree that overall seeds don't matter, but some regions are tougher than others and only the top 5 in each regional advance to the NCAA Championships; so, it's penal to be stuck in a stacked regional.

Yeah they’ve got one of the best stroke averages in the country and have won several tournaments. They’ll be a one seed. Despite the hand wringing on here about last week, our finish in the ACCT isn’t a major issue since we got third in a stacked conference.

Golfweek lists the teams by region with their Golfweek/Sagarin rankings in parentheses (Duke women are #2, WF women #3 in Sagarin)

looks to me like the ranked teams are pretty well split out by region

For any interested, several of the Wake women are going through the first stage of qualifying for the Women’s U.S. Open on Monday at Starmount Forest in Greensboro. It is a 36 hole qualifier so it will be going on all day, if you are near and not having to work you can attend and see some pretty good golf.

Congrats to Jennifer Kupcho for getting one of two spots available out of 78 players for the US Open. Absolutely one of Wake’s best athletes ever and by far our our best woman golfer in history. She is special and it wouldn’t shock me to see her lead the Deacs to a national championship.

Lady Deacs currently tied for first halfway through day 1. Kupcho and Migliaccio setting the pace.

Teams are shedding strokes. The sooner we can get in the clubhouse the better.

Our #5 player is a non factor w an 85...Emilia and Jennifer are going to need some help. I would hate to see us not qualify

We should be in the top 6 at the end of the day. The teams ahead of us are mostly backing up too.

Back