• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

Looks like we have slipped a bit but still in a solid 4th spot with a good buffer to 6th. Trust it will hold.

I know that women's collegiate golf isn't the deepest talent pool, but this is an NCAA regional and there is a team here that's going to go +100. There are better high school teams.

There are really bad auto bid leagues. But high schools teams probably aren't playing a course this tough either.

We didn't have our A game this week, but that's OK. Making finals is all that matters.

I know that women's collegiate golf isn't the deepest talent pool, but this is an NCAA regional and there is a team here that's going to go +100. There are better high school teams.

If a girl can consistently break 80 in competitive HS/junior golf, she'll get a full ride somewhere.

Title IX

Tied for 2nd place. Good job ladies! Surprising that Jennifer K. had our high round today. Nice that she could have a bit of an off day and the team do so well. Confident that all will be contributing in the next round.

I’ll take it.
Glad the others came thru.

championships start today; WF ladies tee off at 11:55 central

follow along and overreact here

The worse half of the field is playing earlier but course seems difficult. Anything in single digits over par for a team should be top 10 after today

Doesn't look like any of the first 12 out are going to come anywhere close to single digits over.

What's up with Kent State being the #5 team in the country?

How is this tourney set up? Is it three rounds of team play and then the individual after that?

What's up with Kent State being the #5 team in the country?

team roster is from:

Thailand
Norway
Sweden
France
Thailand

they have won 21 consecutive MAC championships

I am guessing when they recruit internationally they emphasize their golf tradition and not the weather in NE Ohio, or that whole National Guard incident from the 70's

The first round of stroke play competition begins at 8:15 a.m. EDT on Friday. After 54 holes, the top 15 teams along with the top nine individuals not on an advancing team play one more round of stroke play to determine the top eight teams for match play and the 72-hole individual champion. The top eight teams compete in match play Tuesday and Wednesday to determine the national champ.

team roster is from:

Thailand
Norway
Sweden
France
Thailand

they have won 21 consecutive MAC championships

I am guessing when they recruit internationally they emphasize their golf tradition and not the weather in NE Ohio, or that whole National Guard incident from the 70's

May 4, 1970

USC's # 5 golfer eagles #2! Are you kidding me. Granted she gave a stroke up on next hole, but that type of start can really jump start a team.

Back