• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

I suspect that will probably be right around the top 8 cut line playing like this but it'd be nice to get some separation

Of the teams playing, only Kent State has a worse 2nd round score. Duke, who WF beat like a drum at the end of the season, is -7 today; WF is +7.

Our top three should all be top 30 level players and none of them have had a good round so far.

We have the best player in Women's Amateur Golf and she has two birdies through 28 holes on a course that seems to be giving up a lot of birdies

I suspect that will probably be right around the top 8 cut line playing like this but it'd be nice to get some separation

There are 7 teams ahead of us that haven't started yet. If we can at least hang where we are, I'm guessing most/all of those teams will fall behind us and we'll end up in 8th.
That's my crystal ball.

There are 7 teams ahead of us that haven't started yet. If we can at least hang where we are, I'm guessing most/all of those teams will fall behind us and we'll end up in 8th.
That's my crystal ball.

Fairly optimistic given a # of teams are scoring better than us and going neg or close to par. Weather could also come into play for 2nd groups going off but not so certain all the teams will necessarily drop given better scores today.

I spoke with Bar this morning and he confirmed that the tennis team in fact DID NOT speak with our ladies last night and it definitely shows by their play today.

He said the tennis team had other things in mind but promised they would call tonight.

If so ladies will play better tomorrow.

Fairly optimistic given a # of teams are scoring better than us and going neg or close to par. Weather could also come into play for 2nd groups going off but not so certain all the teams will necessarily drop given better scores today.

Actually no way we finish top 8 much less 10 after today unless they turn it on these last few holes. 2nd worse score so far and best case is 8th if 7 teams ahead of us yet to hit course drop and too good of teams and easier conditions so you know some will score better and good chance some behind could have good days as well.

Will be shocked we finish top 10 unless we can get closer to +5 or better for day.

Actually no way we finish top 8 much less 10 after today unless they turn it on these last few holes. 2nd worse score so far and best case is 8th if 7 teams ahead of us yet to hit course drop and too good of teams and easier conditions so you know some will score better and good chance some behind could have good days as well.

Will be shocked we finish top 10 unless we can get closer to +5 or better for day.

Heck FSU which was 12 shots behind us may pass us. Just a real bad day to drop an egg.

That's my crystal ball.

Thanks for sharing your crystal. I was wondering where we would finish today so glad you knew.

Looking forward to finding out what Bar and friends tell ‘em later today.

Will definitely need to make up some ground tomorrow

The afternoon session will almost certainly be delayed to to thunderstorms, so we’ll see how that impacts scoring

Not to put it all on Kupcho, but she has contended for medalist each of the last two years; if she were doing that this weekend, the team would be +15 and safely in the top 8 right now

Our top 3 made some progress late - if our 4 or 5 can make a birdie or two coming in that would really help... they are both +6 so hopefully one of them can cut a shot or two.

Prepare to be wrong.

Prepare to be wrong.

Please note I said unless we get to +5 or better for the day after we were at +8 earlier. So in that case a much better chance of top 10 if Jennifer finishes last 2 strong and finish @ +4

Weather stoppage. Curious if this will make the course tougher or easier for those playing later.

4 teams under par to this point, so a better scoring day than yesterday, but +4 (provided par-par for Kupcho coming in) didn't take Wake completely out of it.

Last edited:
Back