• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

Yea. Let's don't talk about the hundreds of teams and individuals who never make it to the elite Arenas. Miserable fanbase.

JK had an awesome tournament and season. She may win the NCAA golfer of the year award as a sophomore. A 2nd place finish in the NCAA Final is the best ever for any WF women's golfer. Definitely, heart wrenching finish, but really proud of her.

FWIW, on the 125 yard shot she hit in the water on 17. She conferred with WF golf assistant before hitting it, and she posed after she hit it thinking that it was going to be tight. The shot was dead straight, but came up two yards short hit the steep grass bank in front of the green and bounced back in the water. That's golf.

BTW, JK's had been killing the Par 5s all week, and #18 was a Par 5. She hit her drive on the edge of the hazard, and had to pitch out which kept her from making birdie on 18. She did make a very tough putt to save Par. Showed a lot of fortitude. She will get another crack at a title next year.

Also, for the "that's so WF crowd". Looked like UNC was going to be in a playoff for the team match play as Kent State was 1 up on the Holes with one player left on the course. That player was trouble on her last hole, and the Kent State golfer had to get up and down from a bunker when looked like at UNC was definitely in the playoff. All the UNC girls were warming up on the tee when the coach had to tell them to put their sticks away. So, there is some justice in the world.

Last edited:
The mental toughness and fortitude... so Wake Forest! :D

She should teach a course required for all WF athletes.

Seriously. Just today she could have coached Mansouri on how to win a third set tie-break and the baseball team on how to comeback in a game.

Bunch of folks will say this is heresy but my opinion she could be as competetive with the big girls as Cheyenne Woods.

May take a couple years but before long she will be making cuts out there and will make us all proud!

Bunch of folks will say this is heresy but my opinion she could be as competetive with the big girls as Cheyenne Woods.

May take a couple years but before long she will be making cuts out there and will make us all proud!

Why would that be heresy? She's better than Woods ever was in college.

Woods name is so highly revered but Jennifer has a chance out there.

Everyone thought I was crazy to say that JK would be a better pro but look at her now ... -1 through 14 at the US Open.

Everybody thought Woods would be a better pro but my money on JK.

Great performance very consistent four rounds JK is going to be a great pro

The Wake women's team set a school record at the last tournament with a -14 round. They tied that record today and broke the Bryan Park course record. They lead by 11 shots after the first round.

Back