• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

Such an impressive victory; Jennifer was on the back of her heels, red faced most of the front 9. Then her missed 3 foot par putt on 10 and failure to pick up any strokes on 11 & 12 with marginal putts. It looked like she wouldn’t recover.
Then boom; Eagle on 13 (looked like a rescue from 220ish) and she was on her way.
Tons of Deac fans cheering for her all around Augusta National and the birdie on 18 just sealed what was an amazing back 9 it was.
Way to go Jenn...you did yourself and Wake Forest proud.

In 20 years of 'patroning', I've never had an experience like it.

So, so awesome.

congrats to kupcho---ashamed she did not wear Wake hat or shirt like the others from Arkansas and Duke to bring notice to WAKE , but I guess she is ashamed as everyone else is of the Manning basketball debacle lol

She did have the Deacon head cover on her driver.

Man, awesome win and historic moment.

I'd bet one of the reasons she returned for her senior year is because she was targeting this tournament. Will hopefully be a huge boost to her pro career with sponsorships and stuff, right?

Just watched it on DVR, that last 6 holes by our girl was Nicklaus-like!

congrats to kupcho---ashamed she did not wear Wake hat or shirt like the others from Arkansas and Duke to bring notice to WAKE , but I guess she is ashamed as everyone else is of the Manning basketball debacle lol

Facepalm

So I settle in to watch the ANA last night, though the San Antonio tourney was delayed and was running at the same time. Normally I'd watch more of the ANA because it's a major. But after Danielle Kang tripled #3, there was no one left to root for - it was just between JY Ko, Lee6 and Kim. I was kinda with Kim for the sympathy vote for her missed 1' putt there a few years back, but then she fell back. So I turned back to San Antonio till that was over. Women's golf is hard to watch when it's just South Koreans on the leaderboard. And the state of the Americans is pretty pitiful. Right now, Nelly Korda is the only American in the top-10 in this year's race. The game desperately needs a North American talent infusion, and I'm really hoping Kupcho (who got a ton of pub all weekend) and Fassi can help the cause once they turn pro because they're both pretty impressive.

Women's golf is hard to watch when it's just South Koreans on the leaderboard. And the state of the Americans is pretty pitiful.

This is a gross, codgerly take that needs to be called out.

Besides, more Americans (5) finished in the top 10 in the tournament you're ranting about than South Koreans (4).

Not that the stat really matters, but it does prove how much you're showing your ass.

This is a gross, codgerly take that needs to be called out.

Besides, more Americans (5) finished in the top 10 in the tournament you're ranting about than South Koreans (4).

Not that the stat really matters, but it does prove how much you're showing your ass.

I understand what cville is saying....it sorta like women's tennis of late. Nothing wrong with rooting for an up and coming American star in a sport that years ago went global.

men choking again under Haas. Ladies with new coach dominating. It's amazing what good coaching can do.

men choking again under Haas. Ladies with new coach dominating. It's amazing what good coaching can do.
Former Coach Dianne Dailey was a great coach as well. Just didn't have the golfers to supplement Kupcho due to injury/illnesses & youth. Now with Emilia Migliaccio and the others, they're a tough team to beat.

How can we choke so bad for so many years at this course?? Need to get the championship moved or just not show up

Why isn't Eric Bae playing? He's our 2 man.

men are playing quite a bit better 2nd round. Up to middle of the pack.

Back