• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Golf

Our girls were outstanding and sometimes you lose the title game before you win one. 3 matches going extra holes and it’s first one w a bad swing.

Good news for us is that our women’s program is on solid footing and Diane built a great foundation...name another coach who has ever retired and left this to the next coach. Diane told me last August at the Wyndham Championship how Kim was absolutely the right person and handpicked by her.

At the end of our conversation she also told me this team had a chance to win it all. Wow she called that 9 months ago.

I’ve gotten to know Kim a little and I can assure you she has the energy and drive to keep this program among the elite. I went to a fundraiser for the women’s team before the ACC tournament and their only challenge is funding. You’d be surprised at their budget compared to other schools.

I moved the money I was giving to the Deacon club (thank you Danny Manning’s to our golf programs. You’d be shocked at the things they still need money for.

Diane is all class.

Also, Kupcho and Fassi paired together for us open.

So, those of you who are saying “no choke,” did you see the most important shot of the match land 50 yards left and short of its target ? Do you not think nerves played some part in that ? I’m not saying it was an easy shot at all, but if one of our starting guards missed a contested 3-point shot from the top of the key in overtime by throwing it off the side of the backboard you people would be losing your shit.

So, those of you who are saying “no choke,” did you see the most important shot of the match land 50 yards left and short of its target ? Do you not think nerves played some part in that ? I’m not saying it was an easy shot at all, but if one of our starting guards missed a contested 3-point shot from the top of the key in overtime by throwing it off the side of the backboard you people would be losing your shit.

How dare you besmirch our female athletes

Don’t you know field hockey 3-peated 17 years ago?

Clemson, Georgia Tech and Louisville would all give their left nuts for that kind of dominance

Bags had to hit a cut around a tree and double crossed it. She hits a draw so that was a tough shot for her. It was a risky decision to not lay up rather than a “choke.” All golfers choke to some extent. The some Duke players were hitting it all over the course and clubface but they recovered pretty well. A clear choke shot would be the Mark Calc shank on 17 (Kiawah) and the Jay Haas pop up drive on 18 (Oak Hill) in the Ryder Cup.

Or the ‘96 Masters final round by Greg Norman. Did the Italian choke at the Masters this year? No, he used bad judgment on 12 and played 15 poorly. There is a big difference between bad shots and choking.

Remember last year our #5 who couldn’t break 80 made the putt in sudden death in the regionals to advance....sudden death can sometimes reward a very average player

i do not remember this

I was wondering if she was going to take off her shoes and consider playing from the creek.

Clemptsun and SMU played much worse than our women’s team down the stretch and in the playoff. Tons of pressure on these kids. Very proud of both our men and women.

What was the reason sierra brooks left wake? Seems like we could've been even more loaded if she was here.

Gina Kim, the Duke girl that Migliaccio defeated in the championship matches, shot a 66 yesterday in the US Women's Open, low round by an amateur, one shot off the lead.

Is Cheyenne Woods still playing on the tour?

Doesn't have a tour card, it seems. Played last weekend at the Pure Silk Championship and missed the cut at +4. Only her third LPGA tournament of the year, has only made one cut, and only brought in $2,469 YTD on the LPGA tour.

She was part of the LPGA Q-School in 2018 to get a 2019 card. The top 20 from Q-School got full status, and 21-45 earned 'partial' or 'conditional' status. Woods finished T51 after being T18 after the first four (of eight) rounds. Shot 75-74-74-75 the last four rounds to fall T51.

Doesn't have a tour card, it seems. Played last weekend at the Pure Silk Championship and missed the cut at +4. Only her third LPGA tournament of the year, has only made one cut, and only brought in $2,469 YTD on the LPGA tour.

She was part of the LPGA Q-School in 2018 to get a 2019 card. The top 20 from Q-School got full status, and 21-45 earned 'partial' or 'conditional' status. Woods finished T51 after being T18 after the first four (of eight) rounds. Shot 75-74-74-75 the last four rounds to fall T51.

Thanks for the information.

Not good news for her though.

Tough way to try to earn a living.

All the Dukies are chirping about how their freshmen amateur is way ahead of Kups but I will defend my girl every time. It’s eadt to play as an amateur but my girl is a pro now playing for money - much different than the Duke playing for at a girls with nothing to lose

Back